You're fabulous!

Hi Friends! I'm back from the ocean :-(....Destiny and Kinley came for a few days and we spent hours on the beach, looking for seashells and tide pools! We found both! It was so fun! I REALLY needed this time to de-stress and re-energize!  I  usually cry when I have to come home. I love the cool weather and the beauty!


 
I started out with a stencil of palm trees. Taped the stencil down onto watercolor paper and colored them in. Sewed on some vellum over the top to soften, added the awesome flamingo from hero Arts and that's it!
 
Here's a few coast pics :-)
 
 
 

 
This is Destiny, Kinley's and my feet inside the heart.

 
Kinley decided she wanted to lay down!
 
 
Larry put up the flag on the 4th, it looked so pretty against the beach!
 
 
 


I love the color of the water that day, looked turquoise!
 
I hope you had a wonderful 4th! Hugs, Char

14 comments:

Greta said...

So glad your vacation was wonderful, Char! Fun seeing the pictures--that Kinley is a little doll! I really love your card--wonderfully stenciled background & gorgeous flamingo!

Leigh Penner said...

Looks like your had a wonderful time!
And I love your card -- it's fabulous!

Lisa Young said...

Gorgeous card design, and LOVELY vacation pictures!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Maria said...

What a beautiful card with the flamingo and palm trees, Char!! So, glad that you got away and enjoyed yourself at the beach! And, thank you for sharing the awesome pics! Kinley is super adorable!!:-)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh I love this flamingo!!! Such a darling card!!!
And Kinley is a little baby doll!!

Annette Allen said...

love the photos.. so cute and adorable card.

Leslie Webster said...

Love the card, sounds like you are having a well deserved fun time.

Melissa Smith said...

Your card is awesome! I love pink and flamingos and you did a terrific job on it! Your beach photos look like a wonderful time! Hope you have a great week!

Lisa said...

Playing catch up after our vacation to Virginia Beach!! Love all of the prettiness you shared while I was away. But they all pale in comparison to you sweet little Kinely!! Glad you had a nice get-a-way and hope things turn out well for you. Thinking of you and sending HUGS!!

Sandy said...

Your card is very well done but Char - in all honesty I loved your pictures!!
Sandy xx

cm said...

Your trip sounds - and looks - simply amazing! How darling your Kinley is; I love the hearts-and-footprints in the sand! Memories made with your daughter and grand-daughter! Your flamingo card has me bedazzled! I had no idea palm tree stencils existed! Another *want* added to my list! Totally smitten with your creation...
Hugs~c

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Love those watercolored trees! What a great backdrop for that playful flamingo! And your beach pics are priceless! I'm jealous of the down time ;). TFS!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a fun card, Char! I'm loving this trend of flamingos, and your background with the watercolored trees is so cool. Really love the layer of vellum you added in, too!
And looks like you guys had a wonderful time at the beach! Such a beautiful setting!

Tracey said...

Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photos of the beach, it looks so pretty! Loving your card, the stitching and vellum...what a great idea. Enjoy your weekend! ps...thank you for visiting me, I appreciate your kind words!