Hello Friend

Hi Friends! I hope your having a great week! When I saw that Winnie and Walter are having a wonderful challenge I had to play! They have teamed up with Ellen Hudson! I'm selecting the day 1 challenge...Floral..I know I just LOVE florals, and  since I just got Julie Ebersole's Mondo Hydrangea it was a perfect set to use!

http://www.blog.winniewalter.com/share the love graphic Essentials by Ellen 2
 
 
I started by selecting Winnie and Walter's stamp set The Big, The Bold and the happy for the sentiment. The long strip that looks like stained glass is from their set called True . I embossed everything in Platinum embossing powder and used distress inks in various hues of purple for the flower and strips. That's it for me :-) I hope you will play along, there's lots of goodies to be had :-)
 
Hugs, Char

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Char!! The hydrangea looks absolutely amazing!! I love the colors!! This is so gorgeous!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

Super lovely, Char!!! The hydrangea is so interesting and beautiful in the various shades of purple!! Such an amazing card...so pretty! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Amazing work! Absolutely stunning

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Stella said...

Breathtaking; I love the colors and the gold embossing. So chic!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this stamp set and your gorgeous card, Charlene!

Greta said...

I'm so hoping to get at least one card made for the challenges, but if they picked the winners there'd be no point doing Day 1 as this would win! Absolutely stunning work, Char--totally love it! Hugs, Greta

Lori said...

Wow - your hydrangea is beautiful! Such gorgeous color - fabulous card!

Leslie Webster said...

Lovely card, the embossing and colors does remind me of stained glass.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so beautiful, Char! Love the plums and gold embossing, and it all truly does look like stained glass. Wow!

Audrey Pettit said...

How stunning! This looks exactly like stained glass! Love that big flower and love the embossing! So elegant and just jaw dropping!

Lisa Young said...

Gorgeous!!!

Elaine Thompson said...

Hi Charlene,
I am new to your blog...and I love your usual bright colors. I have to say, though, this is the first hydrangea card I've really loved! You do a wonderful job with watercolor and color choices. I'm not sure when this was posted, but I hope things are working out the best way possible.

Elaine Thompson said...

Hi Charlene,
I am new to your blog...and I love your usual bright colors. I have to say, though, this is the first hydrangea card I've really loved! You do a wonderful job with watercolor and color choices. I'm not sure when this was posted, but I hope things are working out the best way possible.