Visions of Sugar Plums Day 2 tags

Hi Friends! Welcome to Day 2 of "Visions of Sugar Plums" ! I hope you had a great day hopping around yesterday, and got some ideas for your holiday giving :-)

  Link up to the Visions of Sugarplums Christmas/Winter Challenge!  You can find it HERE.
Today I'm sharing a variety of Christmas tags. All these tags have a vintage flair. I just love this sweet deer :-)
 

 I used the adorable line from October Afternoon called "Under the tree" . I fell in love with the vintage images! I don't know about you, but I love vintage things for the holiday. Maybe it reminds me of when I grew up, and the great holidays I was raised with! My mom always put out a picture made with all kids of vintage jewelry shaped like a tree. I LOVED that tree and keep saying I need to make one but I've priced vintage jewelry and it's not cheap! Here's a link to one, not the one I grew up with but it will give you the idea . Ours was shaped different and had lights around the tree.


For this tag I made the bottom layer from vellum, then I layered a tag on top of that with some embellishments from the set.
 

This sweet gingerbread girl is from a digital image that I got last year. I can't remember there, but if you want to know just E-mail me and I'll find out. I added some October Afternoon paper to the background and added a big bow :-)
 

This last tag is from a stamp set called Carmel, Eggnog, and Patty Penguin .  

 I colored in these guys with Copics and used a blending tool with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. That's it for me today :-)

 Let's talk a  minute about our Sponsors for this year!  They are awesome and generous!
Here is a list of all of this year's giveaways:

Lawn Fawn - $25.00 Gift Certificate
The Funkie Junkie Boutique - $25.00 Gift Certificate
The Cutting Cafe - 3 Sets of Choice to a Winner
Moonlighting & Co. -  1 Set of Choice to Three Winners
PPinky Dolls - 1 Digital Stamp Image of Choice
Baers Design Studio - 1 Set of Choice to Three Winners
CanvasPop -  one 16x20 canvas of your favorite photo
ChouxChoux Paper Art -  Mega Giveaway of Christmas Crafting Goodies

How do you win?  Easy!  Comment, comment, comment!  Comment here on my blog and then comment on all the other blogger's posts, too.  For every comment you make during Visions of Sugarplums, Lori will add your name for a chance to win one of our prizes.  All winners will be randomly chosen and announced on Sunday, December 13th.

Here's a list of all the sweet ladies on our hop today! Be sure and check out all the fabulous inspiration!


I'll leave you with the sweetest of cookies, my favorite : Snowmen!

Get this fun Melting Snowman cookie recipe by signing up for our Pillsbury Cookie Countdown! You'll receive the cutest cookie recipes every day leading up to Christmas. Learn how to decorate your favorite easy recipes. Perfect for if you are hosting a cookie swap, exchange or party.:


Ingredients

1
package (16 oz) Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies 
12
miniature creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
24
miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped
1
container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
12
large marshmallows
48
miniature chocolate chips (for eyes)
2
Dots™ orange gumdrop candies, cut into small carrot-shaped triangles (for noses)
1
pouch black cookie icing
Heat oven to 350°F. On ungreased cookie sheet, place dough rounds 2 inches apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, to make hats, remove creme from sandwich cookies, and attach miniature peanut butter cup to one half of sandwich cookie, using small amount of vanilla frosting. Continue for remaining hats.
Cut marshmallows in half, and place one half on top of each cookie, cut side down. In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining frosting uncovered on Medium (50%) 20 to 40 seconds, stirring halfway through, until slightly warm. Spoon frosting on top of marshmallow and cookie to look like melting snow; attach hat to top of each cookie. Attach miniature chocolate chips and orange gumdrop candy for eyes and nose. Allow to set 20 minutes.
Use black cookie icing to pipe arms on each snowman cookie. Wrap one piece of licorice around neck for scarf. Allow to set completely before serving, about 30 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by! Hugs,  Char

34 comments:

Ceci Reyes said...

beautiful tags... Thanks a lot fot the recipe.

cherry Nelson said...

LOVE them Char! Always makes me smile visiting! I used that same Oct. afternoon bird!

Jane said...

Such sweet sweet snowmen x

~amy~ said...

Love all your projects...so fun. All the fabulous layering!
Yum to those cookies!

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - love the tags - those penguins :-) Love the marshmallow treats too. TFS xx

Annette Allen said...

oh my word.. all of these are totally adorable..

Sandy said...

Where do you want me to start! Those are the sweetest tags -- I am really old enough now to remember vintage images! I went to that site with the tree - OMG - it is so beautiful - I don't even know if you can find vintage jewelry anymore!
Now your cookies are adorable - really too cute to eat!!!! Melted snowman cookies - what a fantastic idea!!!
sandy xx

Becca said...

Love the tags, so much fun. I think I might make the cookies, too.

Sue Reynolds said...

All your tags are adorable. I love that you used vellum in the back of the one, different but creative, and I'm always looking for ways to use vellum...must do. Also the cookies are fantastic, being that I live in Arizona, these cookies are going to be included in my cookie gifts to neighbors this year...fantastic idea.

Vickie said...

Sweet Christmas tags!!! Thank you for the yummy recipe, too!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Charlene, your tags are absolutely adorable!!! I love the vintage Christmas images too, they are just gorgeous, hope you are well xx

Maria said...

Your tags are so CUTE, Char!!! And, thank you for sharing your snowman recipe...looks like they'd be fun to make!!!

Lisa said...

Your tags are so beautiful, Char!! I love the vintage images and the adorable penguins on the last one!! And yum...those cookies look delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Joi at RR said...

Wow Char - I feel like you just gave me a Christmas party! All the really lovely eye candy Christmas projects - more than one - AND a "real" yummy recipe too. So fun... you went above and beyond girl. Fabulous creations. Thanks bunches... you made my day. j.

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, what adorable tags and cookies!

cm said...

CHAR! I'm completely crushing over and smitten by your fabulous tags! The vintage images on the first three are precious; no wonder you adore them! And your penguins...incredibly cute! As for the snowman cookies...oh my goodness! Beyond adorable...not sure I could eat one, they're so cute. Well, maybe for a minute or two, anyway! Thank you for today's treats...for our eyes and our taste buds!
hugs~c

Michele Henderson said...

Gorgeous tags! I love the bright and cheerful color! Adorable!
Take care!
Michele

Lori said...

I love all your sweet vintage tags - they are adorable! I believe your Gingerbread Girl came from the etsy shop Studio Shine Vintage. Such cute cookies - what fun! So glad you are a part of Visions of Sugarplums!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Char, these are all just as sweet as can be!! Love all of the special details you added!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your tags are all just so adorable! And thanks for sharing the cookie recipe!!!

Catherine Childs Morrison said...

Your tags are adorbs. Thanks for the thorough discriptions. Great inspiration and your snowman cooki s are absolutely fabulous! Wow I'm sure glad I'm along for this hop!

Lisa said...

All of your tags are wonderful! Love all the different types of pictures you used...digital, die cut, stamped....very cool!

Greta said...

I've never seen such adorable cookies, Char! Wish I lived close enough to come make some with you! Your vintage tags are all so cute! My grandmother made those jewel trees & I now have hers, my mom's & mine. My grandma's is the first decoration I put up each year. Gotta remember to post a picture of it on my blog.

Bad Kitty said...

your tags are super cute!
hugs
>^.^<

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh for heaven's sake...I'm totally CASEing all your tags! They are PRECIOUS and WONDERFUL and ADORABLE and just about the sweetest things ever. Again, you go off the edges, even on tags and I love that style so much. Beautiful makes and thank you for the recipe!!

Tracey said...

I'm going to check out the October Afternoon collection....love the vintage image, fabulous tags!
And.....omg, thanks for sharing the recipe, so super cute, yummy too!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your tags are super cute! I love all of them! I can't even pick a favorite! The images you used are precious! And your snowman cookies are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Jill Norwood said...

A fun cookie recipe and gorgeous vintage Christmas tags! Yummy and love them all especially the sweet reindeer and ginger! :)

Carol from La Crosse said...

WOW!!! You have been busy, busy with both paper crafts and food crafts! Love all the tags.... great images!! The cookies are so ADORABLE!! I have to try those. I like cookies where I don't have to start from total scratch.

Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas!!


Eva said...

I love all you tags!!! Thanks for the inspiration and the recipe. Snowman cookies are so sweets ;)
Hugsxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW your tags are all so cute and adorable and Especially the gingerbread man..super cute
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE your tags, Char! You totally had me at "vintage", Girlfriend! I got such a smile over the little penguins because they remind me of my boy growing up. And I am crazy about your vellum based tag... what a great idea! And what fabulous looking treats! Wow!

Deepti said...

Adorable tags! Those cookies look so amazing :)

Jinny Newlin said...

So much goodness here, love! I bet those snowman cookies were a HUGE hit! Too cute! And all these scrumptious tags... Such amazing inspiration! Eeek! And I just got that October Afternoon collection for Christmas! LOVE it to bits!