Visions of Sugar Plums Day 1

Hi Friends! Welcome to the 1st day of Visions of Sugar Plums Blog Hop! It's a three day event with lots of wonderful inspiration and prizes! My friend Lori Hairston is the very talented person who puts this on every year and I'm honored to be invited back every year! Thank You  Lori!

The Challenge:  
The theme is Christmas/Winter.  It can be a card or any project that fits the theme.  Lori is hosting the challenge and you can link to the challenge on Lori's blog.  The challenge will end December 20th.  The randomly selected winner will receive a $25.00 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn.






1st up is a snowman that I've been wanting to make for years now and fortunately had the time to try it! It was so fun to put him together! First I started with a smooth Styrofoam ball. I painted the ball with white acrylic paint and then added the nose and eyes with the tip of a paintbrush. For the nose I used Sculpey clay. Just pinch off a bit roll it to make a nose and bake it on the oven for 30 minutes. I didn't have a hat template so I winged it! For the brim I cut a circle from a circle die. The hat, I just cut a strip to the size I wanted, and the top was cut from another circle a bit bigger then the hat, glued on and then cut. The poinsettia is a die from Memory Box called a small blooming poinsettia, which is the perfect size for the hat I created. After he was done I sprayed some acrylic spray glue all over him and sprinkled him with clear rock candy glitter! He's cuter in person and perfect for the top of a jar to give for gifts filled with your favorite goodies!




Next up is the second snowman I made. Same directions, just a different hat. This hat was made with



I hope you enjoyed your visit here today and will hop along to see all the inspiration by the other talented designers :-)

Maria Patrick    
 
Here's a list of the fabulous sponsors! 


 
Lawn Fawn - $25.00 Gift Certificate
The Funkie Junkie Boutique - $25.00 Gift Certificate
The Cutting Cafe - 3 Sets of Choice to a Winner
Moonlighting & Co. -  1 Set of Choice to Three Winners
PPinky Dolls - 1 Digital Stamp Image of Choice
Baers Design Studio - 1 Set of Choice to Three Winners
CanvasPop -  one 16x20 canvas of your favorite photo
ChouxChoux Paper Art -  Mega Giveaway of Christmas Crafting Goodies

 HERE'S THE DOWNLOW!

You can have a chance to win the prizes by commenting on all the blogs.  Your name will be entered for the prizes for every comment you leave.  The more comments you write, the more chance you have to win!!



Canvas Pop has another great giveaway going on right now - you could WIN YOUR CHRISTMAS!  Enter by December 11th.
Enter the WIN YOUR CHRISTMAS giveaway HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Char

31 comments:

Michele Henderson said...

This little candy jar snowman is ADORABLE! I love all the pretty details!
Take care!
Michele

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm in love! These are wonderful and thank you so much for the great instructions on making a hat. I have the worst time with them. Love them, but they fight me to the end. The way you sprinkled these in the end gives them that perfect wintry wonderfulness and I admire those sculpey noses so much! So glad you finally tried these. They are adorable and very inspiring.
hugs,
Lisa x

Karon said...

These are gorgeous!!! Love love this idea, so fun! TFS and have a great day xx

Ann Printup said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love both of your snowman candy jars! What wonderful gifts these would make. I have something pinned similar to this that you have now inspired me to get done!

Sue Reynolds said...

Mason jars, who doesn't have these hanging around empty because I don't do as much canning. What a great idea for a candy jar. Thanks for sharing.

cm said...

Oh my goodness, Char! I'm sitting here with a mega smile on my face in seeing your two darling snowmen! What charming toppers they make for your jars of treats! Super cute; super creative! Love them oodles!
Hugs~c

Lisa said...

Adorable! Love both snowmen...the hats are so cute...I think I just ordered that poinsettia die..I don't even have it yet but I think I'm gonna love it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Catherine Childs Morrison said...

Simply adorbs! I've made some home made crabapple jelly this past fall harvest and was noodling a way to decorate those delicious jars to make them gift worthy. Your snowmen are the perfect festive touch. This hop is so FUN, Thanks!!

Sandy said...

Okay Char - it is so hard to keep up with everybody!! I love your jar idea and am going to print out your instructions. Lori picks the best people to do this - all of y'all are so talented!!!!
Merry Christmas kid!
Sandy xx

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, Char!!! Just absolutely amazing are your snowmen with the different hats on your treat jars! I'd love to make one of these some time! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

Migdalia said...

I absolutely LOVE them!! Super cute, fun and yummy too!
Awesome job!!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Lisa said...

Oh wow, these are the cutest snowmen, Char!! I love how you decorated them!! They look amazing!! Love, love them my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Regina Easter said...

okay so like i am totally in love with your snowmen....these totally rock

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is such a cute idea! I love both of them!

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness!! These are both just adorable! Such fun and festive projects! Love them!

Lori said...

Adorable snowmen jars - love these! Such cool hats!

Carol from La Crosse said...

CUTE snowmen and a great idea for a Christmas project. Everyone loves getting candy and then to have such a cute jar to go along with. Terrific present.

So glad you are a part of the Visions of Sugarplums blog hop again this year.
Of course I have been following you all year anyway!

Thanks Char!

Ceci Reyes said...

both snowmen are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Becca said...

Great idea to make for neighbors! Thanks for sharing.

Vickie said...

I love snowmen, and these two guys are perfect!!! Makes me smile just looking at them!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Lisa said...

LOVE!!! I can't believe you just winged it on the hat, so stinkin' cute! I'm smitten with both of these little darlings Char!

Greta said...

Oh Char--I adore your sweet, sparkly, creative snowmen! What fun gifts!

Bad Kitty said...


love it!
hugs
>^.^<

Jill Norwood said...

Char these are adorable! Love both hat styles! Might have to try this out for myself! :)

Jane said...

What a terrific design and idea x

Eva said...

I love your projects!!! Candy jar snowmen are so sweet and adorable.
Thanks for the inspiration; )
Hugsxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

wow what an adorable jar...love the idea
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh...my.... GOSH!!! These are brilliant, Char! So, so, SO adorable! Here we are both making snowmen from styrofoam balls!! Love yours! Love the hats you made and love the glittery finish, and your clay noses are fabulous! WOW!

jamie vanskiver said...

Oh these snowmen are adorable! I made one myself this year.. finally! I've wanted to for a very long time as well!

Jinny Newlin said...

These are fantastic, Char, and I'm sure will be treasured for years to come! Such amazing details, too! You rock, girl!