It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

Hi Friends! Just popping in to share this sweet little owl card.

 
There's a designer for Purple Onion Designs named Stacey Yacula, and I just love her designs! This sweet owl stamp is called (Winter owl on tree stump), I've combined a few different stamp sets for this card. The tree is from Simon Says and it's called Home for the Holidays, I LOVE the trees in this set! The presents are from Lawn Fawn and the set is called Toboggan Together and it is adorable as well! And finally the sentiment is from Ellen Hudson , called Tis the season. The snow hills are from pretty Pink Posh called "Stitched Borders". The background is blended with distress inks and then I took the Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says and some paste for the snow. The rest is colored with Copics and finished off with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. That's it!
 
I'm entering my card into this week's Simon Says Monday Challenge
 
Simon Monday Challenge Blog
 
Happy Monday! Hugs, Char

19 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! That little owl is so sweet!! I love the background!! The colors are gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

What a beautiful fun card with the owl, Char! Love the background sky and the awesome coloring of the trees!!!

Lisa said...

This is perfection Char, absolutely adorable!!!

TK said...

Stacey's owl is wonderful (I too am an oogler of her designs), and your coloring is impeccable! Very cute...

Leigh Penner said...

This is adorable! I love that sweet owl and the little scene you created with him!

cm said...

I have a couple of Stacey's designs, too (the snowmen from my recent post is one), and they are delightful; I need to figure out how to use rubber stamps with more skill! Looks like you have these stamps mastered, Char...your little owl is an adorable gem and you've placed him in a charming wintry wonderland scene! Ultra cute! My festive spirit is glowing in seeing this! Hugs to you~c

Greta said...

Darling card, Char! I really love the beautiful background--great scene! Happy Holidays, my friend!

Deepti said...

Awwww this is super adorable :) love that sky and your fab coloring !!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, this is SUCH an adorable card, Char! And what a brilliant scene you have put together from so many different sets! They work together so seamlessly and beautifully, I thought it was just one set at first! Brilliant job, and gorgeous coloring! LOVE your stenciled snowy background, too!

Kay Miller said...

That is just darling!! Your background is so amazing! Such a cute scene!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card Char!
You're amazing!!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is about as flippin' adorable as they come! I'm a fan of this artist as well, but you really brought these images to life. Love how you made this into a whole entire scene and that background is stunning. I also thought it was brilliant of you to combine different stamp sets so expertly. They go together so well! This filled me with all of those giddy holiday feelings and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Crafty EllenH. said...

I saw this on Simon Says Stamps and OMG I love your card!!
Really pretty!!

xxx
Ellen

Team Clark said...

I so love this owl on the stump and how beautifully you've colored him! Great card!

AJ Bodine said...

I love the trees in that SSS set too, and how you've combined the various stamp sets to create this scene!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Adorable!

jamie vanskiver said...

This is such a cute card! I love it :)

Audrey Pettit said...

I LOVE this card so much, Char! Couldn't believe my eyes when I opened your little package and found it inside! Thank you, thank you! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a sweet, little scene! Great color work here, Char, and I really NEED that stencil! Simply precious!