Hello

Hi ! I hope your having a great week? I have been enjoying the cooler weather and the trees are turning colors,  yay!!! This is my favorite time of the year! I have only made the one Halloween card. Not sure why that is because I love Halloween!

 
 
I picked out some bright distress colors for this card huh? The colors are Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade. I started by embossing the background with the pretty butterflies from a set called Wild Hibiscus from Altenew. I used Queens Gold embossing powder from Ranger. It is a beautiful gold, and has less "green" then others, But for detail embossing the 'fine' embossing powders are the best! After embossing the butterflies, I blended all three colors over the butterflies and then sprinkled water drops to get the spots. I die cut 4 sentiments and glued them together to get added dimension. Then I sprinkled gold glitter on the top one. The hello die is from Avery Elle.

My card is a loose interpretation of the sketch, but I'm playing along this week at Case this sketch !
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!! Hugs, Char

21 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so very very pretty! Incredible colors and inking :)

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Char! Fabulous take on the sketch!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! The colors and the gold!!!!!!

KayM said...

Your card is gorgeous!! Those colors are amazing and I love the gold!!

cm said...

Char, stunning background with those lovely, vibrant colours; a perfect canvas for your gorgeous gold butterflies and sentiment! I've bypassed crushing over and being smitten by this card, heading directly to LOVE! WOW!!
Hugs~c

Maria said...

Wow! So gorgeous with all the lovely gold, Char! Pretty vibrant colors for the background! It's perfect...love it!:-)

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. I love that cool blend of color.. awesome designing.

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! What a fantastic take on the sketch Char!
gorgeous card!!

Lisa said...

What beautiful colors Char and I love the fancy gold hello!! This is incredible!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty! I love fall too!

Michelle said...

So pretty! Love all your gold. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Audrey Pettit said...

So beautiful, Char! I really love the Distress colors you put together... so bright and happy and eye catching. Looks uhhhhmazing with the gold! I love the glittered sentiment and love all those butterflies! Wow!

Lisa Minckler said...

Unbelievably FUN and CLASSY card. I love the design and the font combination and the colors VERY much. This is a wonderful card.

Sandy said...

Hey Char - I am fine and how are u? We all need some glitz on Halloween. Love your card!
sandy xx

Greta said...

Gorgeous background, gorgeous card--one of my favorites, Char!

Sue Lelli said...

Love the embossed butterflies and the bold bright colors!!

cm said...

Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment on my Muse and Casology cards! *Eye* am so thrilled you like them! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you, my friend!
hugs~c

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh.......such a pretty card, LOVE!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a delicious, warm palette! Love the gold embossing, and the vellum panel really pulls the eye right to your shimmery sentiment!

Lori said...

Your card is lovely! What a gorgeous background with the vibrant colors. Have a wonderful weekend!

Leslie Webster said...

Love the mix of gold with orange and pink!