Winnie & Walter Leading Lady ~ Week 1 Gelatos

Hi Friends!


I'm beyond thrilled to be the June Leading Lady for Winnie & Walter !  I am a huge fan of Winnie & Walter products and had so much fun creating with their newest products! I will be their Saturday guest for the month of June and so excited to get started!
First a bit about me 
 I'm a mom to 2 beautiful grown kids. I have three amazing grandkids, ages 11 months, 6 and 8. I can't believe how fast they grow up! I've been paper crafting since 2008, but have always been into some sort of crafting in one form or another...I make jewelry, paint, but since  I started making cards etc...I mainly do that , I'm hooked!  I work full-time for an imaging company ( X-ray's, Ultrasounds, Mammograms, etc..) I've been there 17 years...yikes! I am an accounting manager and I'm also the Director of Human Resources. I also love the ocean (usually where I always go for vacation), waterfalls, redwoods, and going to the movies


I've been happily blogging since 2008 !

I have met so many wonderful people during this blogging journey...and a lot that I call friends. It's such a tight knit and supportive community, I love that!

Let's get to my projects today, shall we?

Today I thought I'd share what you can do with :  Gelatos

First up : Hope Endures:



I started by cutting some card stock strips to make the diagonal you see on the left side. It's fast and easy, if you don't have a diagonal stamp it's the next best thing! I took these beautiful flowers from the new set In Bloom : Addie's Garden and first embossed the flowers with white embossing powder. Then I took two colors of Gelatos, Blue and lavender and just rubbed over the flower. I then took my finger and blender the colors together. I love how the two colors when combined made different shades of purple. Then I took a wet brush with water of further blended. When dry I hand cut and layered on my card, Very easy and such a fun technique!

I used The Big, the Bold and Comfort Cutaways for the word "Hope". I have used many word dies and I tell you folks, these cut like butter, they are fabulous! The Big, the Bold and Comfort stamp set for the word "endures". I LOVE these stamp sets for the reason that you have so many choices of words in these sets, very versatile!



These Gerber Daisy flowers are  from In Bloom: Addie's Garden. They were embossed with white embossing powder and colored with Gelatos in orange and red. For the gelato method I use watercolor paper . I took my fingertips and blended the colors,  then a small brush with a bit of water to blend further. After the flowers were dry I added a few dots in the center with distressed ink in brown. The background is the Multifaceted Cutaway(which I love)! I didn't break through all the pieces so the card stock would show through in the background. I splattered some ink in dark purple. The sentiment is called "The Big, the Bold and Comfort Cutaways". These are absolutely beautiful dies!


Next up, a card I made using "In a word" Hi cutaway and The Big, The Bold and Friends stamp set I started by using some glaze from Fabel Casel and mixed with the Gelatos to make a colored glaze.  Once the glaze is mixed with the Gelatos, just take a spatula with the mix and spread across your paper, let dry and then take a different color of gelato and color directly on your paper in the spots that are still white. Squirt the watercolor paper with water and brush it over the whole surface to fill in the white spots, let dry and take a clean paper towel, or dry baby wipe and wipe off the glazed area that resisted the gelato!



Shay and Julie have GENEROUSLY provided a $30 Gift Card to one of my readers !!  To enter, simply comment on my Leading Lady posts throughout this month. I will be choosing a winner at the end of the month from ALL of my Leading Lady posts, so you have a few chances to enter!

A HUGE thanks to Shay and Julie for their generosity, and for this fabulous opportunity!


See you next Saturday! Char

56 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, what a gorgeous collection of cards!! Love the hydrangeas, they are my favourite flowers! The gelatos looks interesting, will have to add that to my wish list. happy weekend Char. hugs :)

SueB said...

must try using gelatos, and appreciate your providing the techniques used for the cards, which are awesome! thanx for the inspiration and blog candy opp!

Karen King said...

Wow! Three beautiful cards! I have a few gelatos that I haven't used for ages, times to pull them out and play.

cm said...

Hello Char, I'm popping over from W&W where your three stunning, innovative cards have taken my breath away! Not only have you shown dazzling ways to use the various products, but your techniques with gelatos: super cool! Such vibrant colours! I have but four gelatos and with your inspiration, time to plan a play date with them. Grandma of three? How marvelous - and what a 'young' grandma you are! I'm old enough to be a grandma, but don't have kids (one husband, though *grin*). I do, however, have a niece and nephew (5 and 3) who are my treasures. You're right: they grown up far toooo quickly! Hope you're have a ton of fun with the sweet little one! She's adorable! Congrats on being a Leading Lady; I applaud Shay and Julie for recognizing your talents and sharing you, with us!
~c

jamie vanskiver said...

Love the look the Gelatos gives! Especially the Glaze, I have got to get some and try it! tfs

pcm said...

stunning colors! congrats on leading lady!

Dee Ann Matthews said...

You will get me to try my Gelatos! Fabulous flowers and amazing graphics are beautifully done!

Judy Sander said...

You are a beautiful creative artist and I love your cards. Thanks for being a part of "Leading Ladies". I'm a big fan of Gelatos too.

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your Leading Lady spot, Char! Such fabulous cards ... those hydrangeas are gorgeous, the orange daisies against the purple and white are so striking ... and that background to the negative 'hi' is amazing! A brilliant debut! Anita :)

Karyn Penno said...

What stunning cards! The colors are so vibrant, the flowers just leap off the cards. Thanks for sharing, you obviously deserve leading lady status! Looking forward to seeing your next post for W&W

D.Ann said...

These are all SO gorgeous... LOVE the vibrant colors!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congrats Char! What lovely projects with gelatos!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats, Char!! Wow, your cards are amazing!! I love the beautiful colors!! They are all amazing but I really love those hydrangeas!! Stunning cards!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jc said...

Wow! Love all three of your cards! I need to break out my gelatos!

Sharbogast said...

Beautiful cards. I really like the last one. Thank you for sharing.

Betty Warring said...

Absolutely beautiful!! love the coloring.

Kathy H said...

I love the background you made behind the "hi". Would love to see a video!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I love all 3!!!!!! The background on the third one is awesome! The other two are so pretty!!

Maria said...

Huge congrats on your Leading Lady Spot, Char! Your projects are fabulous! Awesome color and design...so pretty!!!

Annette Allen said...

yay congrats.. I LOVE your cards (of course)...

Lisa said...

YIPPEE~ congrats to you Char, well deserved!! Your cards are gorgeous! The hydrangeas are stunning, the vibrant purple and orange with the daisies amazing and the final card is perfectly artsy!! You rocked today's post my friend ;)

I Card Everyone said...

Char it is so nice to meet you! Your cards are just fantastic ... but you REally grabbed me with that die-cut hi!!! Gorgeous!! Congratulations...
=] Michele

TK Watson said...

Can I just say GORGEOUS! Love the colors and vibrant-ness... Beautiful

KayM said...

Congratulations on your guest spot! They made a good choice in selecting you! Your cards are stunning! The vivid colors and beautiful flowers and designs are simply amazing!!

Berina RGA said...

congrats on your leading lady spot.. beautiful cards.. lovely!!

Hussena said...

Congrats on your guest spot at Winnie and Walter. All three of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

How fun to see you over at W&W! Congrats on the Leading Lady role this month! Love these cards! Those blooms look gorgeous on the first, but that last card is definitely my favorite. What a cool technique, I just love the results you got, definitely need to try that!

maria f. said...

Yay, you, leading lady! Lookign forward to more of your bright and beautiful creations this month.

Lori said...

I can tell you had fun! All your creations are fabulous - look forward to seeing more of your designs as Leading Lady!

Brandi R said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!!! I really need to get more gelatos. I have 1 and have yet to even try it. Stunning job ♥

Margaret R said...

Amazing cards Charlene - love the use of Gelatos!

mandalj said...

Beautiful cards! I especially like the last one with the beautiful glaze background.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous cards! I am waiting for the Addie's Garden set to be back in stock! Fabulous flowers and I love the look of the Gelatos!

Sue D said...

Beautiful floral cards and fun "hi" card. I like your use of Gelatos.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Lisa Young said...

OUTSTANDING CARDS, Char!!!! BRAVO!! Love your work!!

Bobby said...

Your cards are all fabulous!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gosh! These are absolutely stunning, Char! Love all the bold, bright colors, not to mention your textures and layers... WOW! Congratulations, love!

cm said...

Char, I just read your comment on my blog and oh my! You sure know how to spark a mega-watt smile alllll over my face! I'm thrilled to have you follow me, but be aware: I'm still trying to 'figure out' what I'm doing in this 'sport' we're all playing! You truly have worked magic with Winnie and Walter (I'm soooo addicted to their products) and being selected as a Leading Lady...well, in my world, that makes total sense! Adding you to my Feedly, because your creativity is WOW!
~c

jan metcalf said...

Thanks for sharing your Geli cards! I am excited to give them a try!

Diane Jaquay said...

Congratulations, Char! Love what you've done with all 3 of these cards, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite because I adore them all!

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats Char!
Your cards are absolutely amazing!!

BMG said...

Contgratulations on your nomination! I really love your colorful heart you've put into your work:)

Lanae said...

Wow, these are so neat! I've never used gelatos, but now I'm curious! I especially love how the "hi" card turned out.

Deepti said...

Yay! congratulations on being the Leading lady at W&W, your cards what can I say... I am beyond words :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow!!! These are gorgeous! Love the color choices!

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - Char you are a wonderful leading lady with so much to share with us - love the powerful colors and styles of your cards - so stunning and beautiful!! Just WOW!!!

Karen Lai said...

The cards are so pretty! I loved the colors you used!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay, Char! Congrats, my friend! I am sooooo happy for you! Your cards are amazing! Love the techniques you did with the gelatos and the glaze. And your designs are so fun and detailed! Great job! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

loulou said...

Fabulous cards. The daisies are stunning. The colour combination really packs a punch - definitely has the wow factor. I like the gelato resist background too. Looks like rusty iron.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Love love love the In Bloom: Addie's Garden on your stunning cards! Love your tips and techniques - your card and color combos are awesome.

Jean Bullock said...

What a fabulous artist you are. I love all of the cards. I had no ideal gelatos could be that vibrant. My favorite card (remember I do love all of them) is the dramatic "Hi" card. I love the brilliant colors peeking through the cut outs. Definitely want to try something like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tracey said...

Hi Char, I have to thank you for sharing your fabulous water coloring techniques.....your creations are just beautiful! Really stunning cards. Now its time to play with my new gelatos!

Kim Fredenburg said...

So many great ideas and inspiration!

Lin said...

You really captured the hydrangea colors beautifully, and I love all your cards using Gelatos! You really know how to bring out the best with them!

Gee K. said...

The giant Hi cutaway is adorable!

Mary-Anne V said...

I just used gelatos on a card but I love how you have used them in different ways. Thanks for the great inspiration.