Winnie and Walter ~ Watercolors Week 3


Hi Friends~! I'm back for week three as Winnie and Walter Leading Lady! It's been a blast! This week  I've made all my cards with watercolor, which is one of the hottest trends right now, and so fun! You don't have to be an expert, of even take classes, just get some water color paper, some watercolors and just play around with them!  It's a favorite of mine ,  and I hope it sticks around for awhile!




For this card I wet the paper first before applying the color. It's a good idea to add painters tape, or washi tape to secure the paper as it helps the buckling. The flowers are white embossed which makes a nice area for the watercolor to "pool", and blend in a contained area. I used In Bloom: Addie's Garden stamp set for the flowers  , True for the sentiment. The sweet little hearts and outer frame I used are from the versatile  Essentials: Audrey Cutaways , I added some cardstock to the sides to bring interest and tie in the flower..A little twine to finish off.



 For this card I took a stencil with polka dots and lightly inked some dots in the background with some yellow, green, and pink distress ink. I added a plain white label on top of the dots to break up the design and then layered a water colored rose on top of the label. This beautiful rose is called In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways , it's a fabulous rose if intricate lines, LOVE IT! The banner is from The Big, the Bold and Extras Cutaways , and the sentiment is from The Big, the Bold and Extras 






For this card I used  some watercolor paper, wet the background and added some yellow, blue and purple water color, let air dry. If you get color where you don't want it, just take a paper towel and lightly blot, it will soak up the unwanted color. After dry,  take your word die and cut the paper in the area you want. I cut 5 or 6 Hello words in white cardstock  to glue to the back of the water colored one. It adds dimension and looks cool! Then just add the die back to the spot you cut it from, easy ! This awesome big Hello die is called In a Word: Hello Cutaway, I also used Audrey Cutaway's for the edge







This card was fun to make! I stated stamping on a plain piece of cardstock. When I was done stamping I just added a little water around the flowers to blur them. Then I ran the card thru my Big Shot with the Multifaceted Cutaway . For the most part all the pieces stayed in there places and the few that didn't,  I just glued them in. I then ran the card through my Zyron to put a sticky adhesive  coat over the card and then added lots of glitter! I finished off with a sentiment from The Big, The Bold and Friends ,



With this card I wet the paper, added the color and took my acrylic block and laid it on top for about ten minutes, then lifted off. Stamped some gems from My Precious, cut a panel with Audrey Cutaways just like the "Hello Card". Added some sequins



Remember to leave a comment on this post, or any Winnie and Walter Leading Lady posts on my blog throughout June for your chance to WIN a $30 gift card for Winnie and Walter, just for leaving a comment!
Once again, a HUGE thanks to Shay and Julie for their generosity, and for this fabulous opportunity!




Have a great day! Char



44 comments:

Margaret R said...

Wow! Awesome cards! The colours are stunning!

~amy~ said...

Love Love Love...your cards are amazing, as always.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Holy cow Charlene, you have been a busy girl! Taking time to eat and sleep I hope! lol. They are all gorgeous, so many wonderful stamps, techniques and colours! hugs :)

D.Ann C said...

WoW! What a gorgeous batch of projects! My particular fav is the first one!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, Char!! You are AMAZING! Each and every one of these cards is an absolute showpiece, my friend! I am awed!

Berina RGA said...

beautiful cards!! love the colors... thanks for sharing your amazing creativity with us..

Lisa said...

Oh wow, these are all amazing!! The colors are stunning!! I love the designs of each one!! You did such a fabulous job!! I'm in awe!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

sharrilou said...

Great techniques, beautiful cards, wonderful company.

KayM said...

OH my heavenly goodness, these could not be any more beautiful!!! Each one is just stunning! Your watercoloring is totally amazing!!

cm said...

Char, you need to provide a warning that STUNNNNG is about to be revealed on your blogs, because once again, I'm sporting a purple bruise on my chin from having dropped it in awe at what you've created. Add to that having my breath taken away! Your love and expertise in watercolouring is showcased beautifully here with this gorgeous array of cards you've created. Another round of inspired, innovative, eye-catching beauties. Your talent: impressive in every way! You're rockin' W&W famously!
Hugs~c

Maria said...

Just gorgeous, Char!!! A fab collection of water colored cards with wonderful design and color...soft and pretty and yet areas where color pops out...love all your stunning cards!!!

Sandra Schroeder said...

Great assortment of cards. I love all the beautiful colors.

Karen Lai said...

Great cards! Loved the colors you used for each of the cards.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all the various watercolor techniques, some soft and some vibrant, simply stunning.

Miriam Prantner said...

Just stunning cards! Love how bold the cut background is on the first, and just such a great combination of elements. The stencil on the second and that gorgeous flower, I could go on about each and everyone. Each is totally technique packed and beautiful!

jamie vanskiver said...

Wow, simply fantastic cards today! I love the watercoloring with these stamps, they just go together! Love all the die cutting as well! Such wonderful inspiration here, tfs!

Denise Bryant said...

These are all gorgeous, but the first one is really a knockout! Gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

GREAT job in your leading lady role, Char! I love all your cards, particularly the first one, that one is simply stunning!!

Sue D said...

Great variety of watercolor cards!

mandalj said...

Beautiful cards - I love all the watercolouring and the colours you've chosen.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Char your cards are fabulous!! Makes me want to get out my paints right now!

Annette Allen said...

girl you blow my mind.. these are all AMAZING.. your fabulous..

Darnell J Knauss said...

You blew my socks off AGAIN, Char!! You are rocking the stage big time! Thank you so much for this amazing inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

How do you come up with every card a masterpiece, Char?! You are such a talented designer & you've made me think I HAVE to add W&W to my collection this year! I can't even decide which card is my favorite, but I do love Crystallina cards or whatever they call it now when the whole thing is covered in glitter--one of my favorite techniques I learned as a new stamper so long ago! A friend gave me a W&W Hello die, so maybe that's a sign--LOL!

Deepti said...

Yay! Seeing ur creations is like an amazing feeling, I gives loads of inspiration :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I just love your projects...it's so exciting to see how you used those new goodies!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Char, you were on a watercolor roll! I adore them all and don't have a FAV! You do wonders with watercolor! LOVE your new profile pic BTW!

Lisa said...

Before I get to the AMAZING cards I have to say what a cute new picture of you, love it!! Now on to the cards. Each and EVERY one a work of art, frame worthy and beautiful!!

Jean Bullock said...

Wow! Tons of awesomeness here. I do have a favorite though. It's the first one. The coloring is so vibrant and I love the negative cut out background. You have inspired me and I am definitely going to try that technique. Well done.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your AMAZING Cards!! Just BEAUTFIUL!! I LOVE the Bright Colors and ALL the Layers and the one with the Glitter ALL OVER the FRONT!! SWOON!! AMAZING Job as usual and I LOVE the New Blog Design ad your New Photo!! You're so BEAUTIFUL!! HUGS and THANKS for sharing!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Salla said...

Brilliant cards, all of them! I love the big hello, and will bookmark your blog to see the other posts as well!

fyk said...

Love all of the designs!! The hello card is amazing!!

Tracey said...

I'm a real fan of your gorgeous water colored works of art.......the cards are just so pretty. Thank you for sharing all the techniques you have used. I have just bought my self some gelatos, now I need some time to play. Wow......wonderful inspiration Char, have a great week!

Judie said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Kathryn D said...

Love the combinations of stamps,dies and colours - very inspiring :o)

Eva said...

I love all your cards. Are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing them.
Kisses;)

artful-notions said...

Completely missed your Winnie & Walter week. Shame on me! Gorgeous watercolors, casing all of them, just too perfect not to! Your darling granddaughter is growing so fast, love that you share her with us! Hugs!

heartforhandmade said...

Wow! Great watercolor cards.I love the look in each of your cards, so beautiful

Jinny Newlin said...

Girl, I don't even know where to begin... You've totally rocked these images! Absolutely stunning from top to bottom, and I'm just in love with all your watercoloring details and bold, bright, happy palettes!

Yvonne C. said...

Beautiful cards!!!! I love to have fun with water coloring too. I need that Addie's bloom stamp set.

Lin said...

Gorgeous! I couldn't pick a favorite this time, they are all so dazzling!

Lanae said...

Wow, such beautiful cards! Water coloring has become one of my favorite techniques lately!

Gee K. said...

The watercoloring is so beautiful!

Mary-Anne V said...

wow those watercoloured cards are so pretty!