Mixed Media Card Challenge New

Hi Friends!! Happy New Year to you!!! This is my second post for today. For Paper Sweeties go here.
 
The new challenge for The Mixed Media Card Challenge is up!! The theme is "NEW" Lots of ways to interpret that theme -- you could use new supplies, have the word "new" in your card, use a technique that is new to you, or however else you'd interpret the theme. "Tissue" is an optional element.

I liked the picture so thought I'd make something similar. I started by blending some distress inks to make the background. My card in person is alot darker, but I like the pink! I glittered up my fireworks with some Martha Stewart Glitter. The city scene is cut with my Cameo as is the sentiment.

 
I hope that the year year brings you lots of joy and happiness!!! Hugs, Char

15 comments:

KayM said...

Oooh how fabulous! I love the firework dies and the cityscape is so perfect! Happy new year Char!! :)

Loll Thompson said...

Love your sponged sky Char! And the glittery fireworks is so pretty and sparkly! Happy New Year! Loll xx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Great card! Love the sparkly fireworks!!!

Lisa said...

What a perfect take on the inspiration photo, this is FUN Char!

Deepti said...

The sky and the inking on it is sooooo beautiful :) love it !

Michelle Bala said...

Amazing horizon!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! Perfect take on the sketch!! I love the cityscape and fireworks!! Fabulous card to celebrate the new year!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous! Love all the shimmer and shine! Looking forward to all your crafting inspiration in 2015! Happy New Year!

Ros Crawford said...

This is terrific!! A prefect take on the challenge photo!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. love that cool background.. awesome designing..

Happy New Year

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a seriously eye catching design, my friend! I LOVE the city scape and the glittered fireworks! And your inked background is absolutely perfect! Wow!
Happy New Year!

Julia Aston said...

I love your bright and shiny fireworks over the city scape Char! Happy 2015!

Ira Huberts said...

Happy New Year to you dear Char! Spectacular and very festive card, love your fireworks!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Jinny Newlin said...

This couldn't be any more perfect for that inspiration photo! Too fun, and I just love your shimmery fireworks!

maria f. said...

That is the most beautiful sky! Take me there! Happy 2015, Char.