Hi Friends!! I truly hope you've enjoyed my projects so far :-) Today is another snowman! I first saw this snowman on Lori's blog and HAD to buy it, he is so cute!! I loved coloring him too! I think she's out of it but here's the link to her store
I used distressed ink for the background and my favorite snow stencil by Simon Says. For those of you E-mailing me as to where I got the stamps and dies etc.... I'm sorry girls that I'm neglecting to add links of where I got the product. I will be better :-) Those sweet little lights are from PTI. It comes with the shaker tree die.
I thought I'd share a receipe that I found to make with the grandkids! These are super cute and I think the grandkids and I will have a blast making them! Mom and Dad won;t be thrilled about the sugar as they really don't let the girls have much (which is good), but it's once a year right?
- 6 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- 12 Miniature Reese’s Cups
- 1/3 cup M&M Minis
- 12 Candy Stars
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
- To help in forming the cone shape, take the foam that comes in a waffle cone pack to protect the cones and cut it to make a form to help shape the trees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add enough food coloring to make mixture dark green (it will lighten when cereal is added).
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Allow to set about 4 minutes.
- Butter a your hands and form mixture into cone shapes.
- Place cones onto prepared pan.
- Allow to cool and firm up for several hours.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag to pipe onto cookies.
- Pipe like a garland around each tree.
- Space M&M minis like ornaments onto the garland.
- Pipe a dab of icing on top of tree to act as glue and attach star.
- Place a Reese’s upside down on pan. Pipe icing on it and place tree on top.
- Allow to set before serving.
Now I'm sending you to the next stop on the blog hop!
To the fabulous Lisa!
Be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win. I will be drawing a winner on December 6th :-)
There are also daily giveaways!. To participate in the shop giveaway's and ChouxChoux Paper Art giveaways, you need to comment on Lori's blog letting her know you want to win.
Lori will add your name into the "hat." You also get your name added for every comment you leave on the participating blogs.
Store Giveaways:Studio Shine
Kitty Bee Designs
The Cutting Cafe
Come back tomorrow for Day Four of Visions of Sugarplums!
Thanks for all your comments and support :-) You girls are awesome!