City Crafter Challenge #237 Christmas ~ CAS

Hi Friends! It't time for a new challenge at City Crafter and the wonderful Kirsty is our hostess this week! Her theme:
 
Theme: Christmas CAS (make a CAS holiday card - ok, more specific - ONLY one layer christmas card)
 

O.K. girls I have to say this challenge was the HARDEST one for me EVER lol!! One layer cards with nothing else had me stressin!!!

 
 
I decided to get out the embossing paste and a Memory Box stencil. The snowflakes are pretty in person, but I failed to capture the texture. Take my word on it O.K. :-) The sentiment is from Simon Says. I love the lettering. I rounded the corners and that's it. I REALLY wanted to add more but I had to slap my hand and remember that the challenge is only 1 layer :-)
 
Guest Designer this week is Susie !!
 
The prize package this week is
 Maya Road Chipboard Alphabet sponsored by Kirsty
 
Be sure to stop by City Crafter and see the DT's wonderful cards!
 
Hugs, Char
 

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous card! One layer is definitely a challenge!

Samra Leshinski said...

Gorgeous card Charlene, so festive and fun!

Sid said...

What a fab intense blue you have used !! Great card !

Laura said...

This card is beautiful!!

It's it funny how simplicity can offer a brand new set of challenges?

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous in the extreme!! Yay! for snowflakes!

Stella said...

Ohhhh blue and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And blue is my absolute favorite color. Charlene this is a gem; I had to pin it. Wow!
XXX

Pamellia Johnson said...

Gorgeous Charlene! The white texture paste looks so striking on the dark background! Good job restraining yourself, I have no willpower for that sort of thing! hugs :)

Lisa said...

One layer cards would make me stress, too but you have done a fabulous job!! This is gorgeous!! I love the stencil you used!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa said...

Your did an AMAZING job on your one layer card Char!!! Love the navy and those pretty little snowflakes. The cut-a-way for your sentiment is wonderful!!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card is so PRETTY but one layer??!!! YIKES! I KNOWQ I couldn't pull that one off!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Well it may have been hard, but the result is gorgeous!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card turned out beautifully! Love it!

Maria said...

Gorgeous dark blue background, Char! And, love those pretty snowflakes for this awesome CAS card!:-)

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Charlene! The snowflake background looks fantastic!

Audrey Pettit said...

I know what you mean.... one layer designs are definitely a challenge for me, too... but you totally nailed this, my friend! I LOVE that snowflake background with the deep rich navy. Love how you masked the sentiment, too. This is awesome!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Char! and very elegant too ;)

Lisette Baker said...

I always love your Christmas cards and this one has made me swoon. Fabulous!

KayM said...

Oh you did a beautiful job on your one layer card! It's lovely! I can't do these for the life of me!!

Benzi said...

Your snowflakes look so pretty with that navy background, Char. And, such a pretty font for the sentiment. Great one layer!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

I share your feelings over the one layer beasties but you've done such a wonderful job with it one could never tell! I love your card! Xx

Susie Wittwer said...

Beautiful card! Love the tiny snowflakes!