Mixed Media Card Challenge # 3

Hi Friends! Happy September!!! I thought September would never get here :-) It's time again for the Mixed Media Challenge! This month the challenge is Autumn Colors! Try creating a mixed media card that incorporates either metal or leaves or both! Go beyond your inks and stamps...and be as messy or clean as your creative muse tells you (or lets you) :-)

 
 
 
 
This month's challenge is pretty special too because we've got a fabulous sponsor: Add a Little Dazzle! She has some beautiful metal! You will be seeing more cards with metal :-)
Add A Little Dazzle is offering a $15 gift certificate to use towards products in the AALD Boutique

 
I started out embossing the left a panel with a stamp from Dylusions, then I colored it with Distress inks and a blending tool. I was sent some beautiful metal from Add a little dazzle ! This metal is so awesome and comes in different colors! I placed a tree die on top of the metal and ran it through my big shot. It cut perfectly the first time! Then I colored the tree with Alcohol Inks. I love how the tree picked up the curves and bends in the metal and if you look close the tree looks like actual bark!  I finished off with various colors to emboss the Sentiment which is from Winnie and Walter
 
I hope you can come join in the fun! Hugs, Char

19 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow love the color combo.. this is perfect..

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Charlene! Love the beautiful background!

Lisette Baker said...

Love this, so pretty and just oozes Autumn. The colours over the Dylusions stamp look amazing.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Stunning Char!

Kripa Koushik said...

Such a lovely card. Yes. The colours On the tree r so real. I really like d bg almost like a glow behind d tree and the colours on d sentiment.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! This is sooo cool, Char! Love the background and love how you did the sentiment. And seriously, that metal tree rocks!

Sanna said...

love your card! so pretty!!

Maria said...

Oh, so very pretty! Love the awesome background and that fab metal tree!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous autumn card, Char! I love how you managed to get all the different hues on the tree.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love how you've made the beautiful distressed background with the tree and then turned it in to a CAS card with the white panel! Wonderful!

alexandra s.m. said...

GORGEOUS Char ;)
TFS~

Joni nina Andaya said...

Wow...love the colors Char :)

Far North said...

Awesome...I can smell Autumn in the air!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic emboss resist, perfect colors. Love the ombre on the sentiment and the dimension from that great tree!

Sarah said...

That tree is gorgeous. And I really like the stamp you used for the background. Such lovely fall colors.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, another stunner!! How did I miss so many wonderful cards!! Grrr.

I just love your background, the colours are so vibrant and blended perfectly! Love your tree too!! Gorgeous mixed media card! hugs :)

Becca Cruger said...

Oh, this is lovely! I love the vibrancy of the background with the metallic tree!