Creative Blog Hop



Good Morning Friends! I have been asked by my awesome friend Annette of "My clever creations"

 
to participate in the Creative Blog Hop. !
Annette posted her special post on the 22nd! If you missed it go here. If you've never been to Annette's blog your missing out, she is fun and her designs are fabulous! here are a few of my favorites Annette has designed.
 


 
I love the idea of this hop as we get to know a lot more about the people we visit and I don't know about you but I feel like you guys are my friends even if we haven't met. You share you family pictures, your life, your ups and downs and I get worried when you don't post for awhile! I  truly valued  each and every one of you!
O.K. On with the questions :-)
 
What am I working on?
 
I'm working on all my design team projects for the next month and trying to fit a Halloween card or two in as it's my favorite time of the year! . I try to stay a month ahead of the Holidays so I can get some homemade things made for friends and family:-). I also made this card for a friends daughter to give to her teacher...post full picture soon :-)



 
How does my work differ from others of its genre?
 
Honestly, not sure! I feel like I don't have a style. When I first started making cards Melissa Phillips was my hero, and still is :-) SO, I started off with a shabby style with buttons, bows and layers :-) But, now, I spread my wings and  make all kinds of cards, CAS, layered, collage, etc...whatever the mood strikes!

Why do I create what I do?
 
I have always created in one way or another. I have a stressful job and creating makes me happy and helps the stress :-)! I've always created in one form or another. Years ago I did ceramics, then I moved onto Toll Painting (Are you girls and guys old enough to remember Tole Painting?) :-) anyway, I'm still doing a bit of that. I make Jewelry when I can. We have a cabinet at work to sell our Jewelry and I donate a percentage to women who can't afford a Mammogram they can get one for free. I also donate my cards at work. They have them on  the counter and sell them. What they make gets donated to Brest Cancer also. It makes me feel good to donate them to a great cause!
 
How does my creative process work
Funny question because I don't really have a process! Whatever peeks my creativity like a new stamp set, some  awesome paper, maybe it's a great sketch . When I sit down my card is a blank slate, but then again, so is my mind occasionally lol! If  that's the case I've learned over the years to walk away , and go back later. It works for me usually but really not good at deadline time yikes!  I look at magazines, pinterest, my wonderful friends blogs, anything out there that peeks my interest! Or sometimes when I can't sleep because the gremlins are busy causing havoc in my noggin I lay there and think of a card to make! Maybe I should just get up and make the dang card and then I'd be sleepy enough to sleep!
 
Thanks for letting me share with you all today.Thanks for being such great bloggy friends.

 

Have a wonderful and blessed day. Char

11 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww your so fun Charlene.. Love your post and thanks again for accepting my invite for the Creative blog hop..

Have an awesome week.. :)

Ros Crawford said...

Loved reading your post ... We sound so alike when it comes to the creative process!!

Joan Ervin said...

How wonderful to get to know you a little, Char...It's amazing how we have similar interests. I used to teach Tole Painting years ago.

Maria said...

What a fun interesting post, Char! Love your style and reading to get to know you more! And, yes, I remember tole painting. I only took one class, but it was fun!:-)

Geri said...

What would bloggy land be without you, Char! You're a sweet, talented and faithful friend, my dear! Loved reading more about you!!! (And Annette sure seems like a sweetheart, too!!!)

Ira Huberts said...

Lovely post Char, it's wonderful to get to know more about you! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Miriam Prantner said...

Great post! Love reading more about you!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is wonderful to know a bit more of you, maybe someday we will meet IRL, someday my friend!

Sue Lelli said...

It was fun getting to know you better and I applaud your donating things for a good cause. I always thought you had a kind heart and now I know for sure!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Aww... love this post Char :)

maria f. said...

First, lovely daughter and granddaughter! And beautiful photo. They'll love that forever. Now to the gremlins... yep, been there done that! So interesting that Melis was your hero. I love your work.