Sending Happy Thoughts your way

Hi Friends! Just poppin in to share a card I made awhile back and forgot to share.

 
For the sun rays I colored the back of a stencil with distress markers, sprayed a bit of water and laid  it on the watercolor paper. I intensified the yellow after it was dry with some more distress pens and blended with my water color brush. The cut the city out twice and water colored the buildings. After that was dry I used some foam tape and layered then off center from each other. The heart is embossed with some gold glitter embossing powder. The stamp is from Altenew called sketchy city.
 
 



 I hope you have an awesome weekend!!! I'm watching Kinley tomorrow and can't wait. She's 7 weeks already!
 
Hugs, Char
 

20 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card Charlene! What a fun and cheerful scene!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card!! Have a fabulous time with your new granddaughter!

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous. I love it.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Oh wow, I love the technique you used to do the sun rays! Think I will have to give that a try! Wonderful! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, this is so, SO cool, Char! I LOVE it!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, if that card doesn't scream happy thoughts coming at cha, I don't know what would!! It's sensational, Char!

I'm thrilled that you get the baby! It would be awesome if you figured out a way to make her stop growing while you had her. There must be a button somewhere! Hugs, Darnell

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh, so fun!!!!!

Deepti said...

Wow !! Incredible :) I am amazed by the beautifully inked sun rays !

Ira Huberts said...

Such a lovely, fun, bright, vivid card this is Char, great happy colours, beautiful scene! Hope you had a great time with little Kinley! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Daniela Dobson said...

Awesome. Love the city.

Michelle said...

Great cityscape Charlene! I LOVE those colors!

Maria said...

Beautiful card! Love how you did the sun rays...awesome! Have fun with sweet little Kinley!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the rays! Fab card Char!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE the city scene and the sun's rays! AWESOME card, Char!

Annette Allen said...

wow you are amazing with color.. this is fabulous.. i love it

alexandra s.m. said...

BRILLIANT Char!

Tracey said...

Wow.....what a fabulous card! It is sure to brighten someones day :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this stamp set, love how brightly you colored the buildings and the sun rays!

Benzi said...

I love your sunrays and how you achieved them. Very pretty! And, I really like that city scene, too.
Awesome card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Char. Love the sun rays!