City Crafter Challenge Week # 226 Shake It Up!

Hi, and a Happy Tuesday to you! This week Ros is our wonderful hostess and she has chosen the theme:

Make a Shaker Card!!
 

 
 
I decided to get out my PTI shaker supplies (it's about time). I started by using a blending tool and a stencil for the background. I blended together three colors. Then I took the top piece and cut the butterfly with a PTI die, and then I sat and wondered how I was going to get around all those curves and the antenna's with the tape lol! But, I managed to do it with the PTI sheets as you can cut it as small as needed (Thank Goodness), I then  filled it with three colors of sequins and that's it :-) I love shaker cards, their simple with a lot of the Aaawww quality from the recipient lol!
 

 
Our Guest Designer this week is Synnove ! Please stop by her blog and say hi!

 Do you have any plans for this coming holiday weekend? I'm going to the coast with my daughter, granddaughter and MIL! I can't wait, one more final trip before the holidays start. It amazes me that once October starts the next three months fly by at an alarming speed! My favorite three months and poof, GONE before you know it! And then my most UN-FAVORITE time of the year (summer) drags on and on and on. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation for this? :-) Whatever your plans are, have a great weekend!
 
Hop over to CCCB and take a look at all the  wonderful projects from our team this week!
 
I hope you can play along this week!

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Char
 
 

22 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is sooooo pretty! Love the bright and happy colours on those sequins!

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

very beautiful and elegant

Ros Crawford said...

I LOVE your card ... I love how you placed some sequins outside of that gorgeous butterfly ... Genius!
Here the summer goes Poof! It left us awhile ago ... Have a fun trip!

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty shaker card!

Audrey Pettit said...

I can imagine that getting all the 3D tape around that butterfly shape was a bit of a challenge, but WOW! SO worth it! This is absolutely gorgeous, Char! Love the stenciled background and LOVE the butterfly!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Hi Charlene! Thank you so muh for your comment, so kind!
What I a gorgeous card I found here!! Very clever and effective design! Beautifully colourful sequins.. Thank you for the inspiration! Xx

Ira Huberts said...

What a beautifully elegant idea Char, truly lovely! I, too, love how you placed a couple of sequins outside your shaker card, so pretty! Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Irish Cherokee said...

A CAS shaker plus favorite subject, butterflies. What better combination? Love it. - Jim

Annette Allen said...

so pretty.. i love that big butterfly.. great shaker..

Lisette Baker said...

So cool to use a butterfly shape as the aperture, love it. love the colours too.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous butterfly shaker card, Char! Love your design...may I borrow the idea for a butterfly shaker card? just love butterflies! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute!!!!!!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is the prettiest butterfly ever ! I love the colors peeking through the shaker :)

Benzi said...

What an absolutely beautiful shaker card, Char. I love that butterfly and the pretty sequins.

Enjoy your trip...sounds so fun.

Oh, give me summer forever. I love it!!!

Michelle said...

This is such a happy shaker card. The bright colors with the butterfly are perfect for Summer. Love it!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love it!
What a beauty!
Thanks Char ;)

Tracey said...

So elegant and very pretty..love the pretty colours!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! The colors are stunning!

Maria said...

Love how you designed this beautiful shaker card! Such a pretty butterfly!

Michelle said...

This is striking, Char!!!!!
I love the vibrant background of the butterfly and pretty colored sequins! A real beauty!

Pamellia Johnson said...

This is beautiful! The colours are so bright and cheery and I love your butterfly acetate window...great idea! :)

Sarah said...

Oh wow. I love that you used a butterfly shape for the cut out for your shaker box. And what a cool idea having some of the sequins on the outside. So pretty.