City Crafter Challenge # 224 Roses

Hi Friends! I hope your having a great week so far! It's time for a new challenge at City Crafter And it's the very talented Anna's turn to host and she has chosen my favorite flowers as a challenge......
 
Theme : ROSES
Make a project using at least one rose (flower, stamp, paper, etc) You can make a card, tag, ATC, LO or any sort of project.
 
 
These roses remind me of the ones in my yard! In the spring they look like these, in the summer heat their half the size..its just to hot for them!
 
Here's my card. I started with water coloring the background with some aqua and yellows. After that was dry and splattered some of the same colors only stronger. The flowers are from PTI Make It Market called "Beautiful Brushstrokes". After I water colored in all the flowers I drew a frame around the flowers with a permanent black pen.
 
 

Our Guest Designer this week comes from France, and her name is Dawn! Please stop by her blog and say hi!
 
I hope you can play along this week!

Hop over to CCCB and take a look at all the projects from our team this week!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Char

 

28 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Excited to see you work magic with that market kit, I got every kit so far but that one! : (

Lisette Baker said...

Fabulous card, love the colours.

Tracey said...

So pretty......love the water colouring!

~amy~ said...

LOVELY...the watercoloring and that POP from the twine, perfect.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeee the flowers!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so gorgeous!! I adore the watercolors there too!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card, and I love the black border line, such a small touch with a huge impact on your design, looks fabulous. ~Diane

Irish Cherokee said...

You really did a wonderous water color job Char. Loving the card. - Jim

Ira Huberts said...

Your watercolour cards/creations are always fabulous Char! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Diane said...

Love the background colors and fun design.

Hugs diane

Pamellia Johnson said...

Hi Charlene! This is wonderful, I just love that watercolour background with all the fabulous flowers! Great summery colours and that touch of red really makes the card POP!! Hugs :)

~Tammy~ said...

So beautiful Char!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! another incredibly beautiful card Char!
How do you do it?

KayM said...

Oooooh this is pretty!! Your watercoloring effect is gorgeous! I almost broke down and got this kit, but just couldn't justify it. Now after seeing your card, I wish I had! Thank you also so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog! ((Hugs))

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the watercoloring! And the colors are so happy! Just beautiful!

Maria said...

What a wonderful water color background, Char! And, the flowers are so pretty! Great touch with the frame and twine, too!:-)

Sue Lelli said...

I am in LOVE with your card! The stamps, the water color, the twine, the roses - Fantastic, Char! How's your shoulder?

yyam said...

Gosh..how artsy is this! I love how you drew a frame for your blooms. Gorgeous work Char!:)

Dawn said...

Gorgeous, your card is so pretty, love the water colouring. x

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Char! And such pretty flowers. I really love your hand-drawn black frame, too. Really sets the flowers off.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Charlene! Beautiful roses!

Annette Allen said...

what a gorgeous card.. love those flowers..

Deepti said...

The cluster of rose along with the frame looks so stunning, what a pretty design :)

Teresa Kline said...

hi Char! luv your card, such sweetness....hope you have a fabby weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty, and bright and sunny! I love the translucency of the coloring!

Benzi said...

Char, your watercoloring looks great and I love the roses. I bet the roses in your garden are beautiful.

Greta said...

What a beautiful rose creation! Had to get rid of many of my roses, but still have my front garden & I love them!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful!!!