U Rock!

Hi There! I just wanted to share another card I made for The Mixed Media Card Challenge Blog! For the challenge go here! You still have some time to join in the fun!

 
For my card I embossed my watercolor paper by running the stencil with an embossing mat through my Big Shot to get the impression onto the paper. Then I laid the stencil back over the paper and used my blending tool and distress inks to add the desired color to the dry embossed part. Its easy and a fun way to make a back ground :-) I finished off by adding several sheets of patterned paper to the background and added a strip of double sided tape to the bottom,  pulled off the paper and added gold glitter. The sentiment is from Altenew and it's called "Label Love", the bird is from Hero Arts ,  and the heart is embossed with some Orange Zing embossing powder.
 
I can't leave with out posting a current picture of Miss Kinley :-) You know us grandma's :-)
 
 
I told my daughter that since she lives in another town I NEED a picture of Kinley every day, every day :-), so this was my picture on Tuesday snapped with her phone! I love this little girl so much and threaten to steel her every day! I'm having a sleepover with the other grans on Friday...I'm trying to talk Destiny into coming up for the night with Kinley. The other grands LOVE Miss Kinley  and smile from ear to ear when they see her :-) ......it would be fun to have all my girls  in one place for a sleepover!
 
I hope you can play along with the MMCC, it's so much fun to get your hands inky!! Hugs, Char
 

20 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card and that grand-baby of yours is adorable! Enjoy the sleepover! ~Diane

Benzi said...

Love how you achieved the pretty background, Char. And, I'm always crazy for a bird. Awesome card! Miss Kinley is just precious and cute as can be.

maria f. said...

Another beauty. Oh and your card is fabby too ;)

Joan Ervin said...

You have created such a beautiful background, Char...love the colors and that sweet little bird!!!! Your new little Grand is just as cute as she can be...I hope you have a fun sleep over!!! I had 3 grands this week but tonight we are down to one...it's mighty quiet around here...LOL!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your cards are simply amazing!!! And Miss Kinley sure is adorable, no wonder you want a picture of her everyday!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh Char, she is adorable! Of course you have to share! Precious!

Your card is so dang cool!

Audrey Pettit said...

She is sooooo sweet, Char! :)
And your card is amazing! I LOVE that background! Great color, and a very cool technique! The bird is just fabulous, too!

Ira Huberts said...

Oh the look on Kinley's face is priceless Char, she looks so intrigued and intelligent! Love your card, that background is sooooo pretty! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Diane Jaquay said...

This card totally ROCKS, Char, love the grungy background and colors!! Your granddaughter is so beautiful :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card with the FAB BG, the FUN colors, and the Cute birdie! And Miss Kinley is just the SWEETEST baby EVER!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your card, Charlene! And your granddaughter is beautiful!

Mar said...

LOVE the background and that sweet bird! Your GB is sooo precious!

Annette Allen said...

aww she is so so cute.. I love your card..

alexandra s.m. said...

awwww...Kinley is such a doll!
Love your mixed media card Char!
You excel in every style!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the card! The colors are gorgeous! And she is sooooooooo cute!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

I just love all your mixed media creations, Char, and this one is no different! Gorgeous, and the layers are divine!

Such a darling pic of your little cutie patootie, too! Hope you had a wonderful sleepover. Hugs!

Lisette Baker said...

She is adorable - you must be so proud. Fabulous card - the combination of that bird with your background is inspired.

Ros Crawford said...

Much as I adore your stunning card ... Kinley has my heart ... She is adorable!!! Love her outfit too! What a darling!

Deepti said...

Awww so adorable :) and ur card as always is fab!

Colleen Dietrich said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Kinley is just adorable, and love her outfit. ;)

Wanted to come here and see if the baby had been born. I've been thinking of you!