Sending you Sincere thanks

Hi Friends!
 
I wanted to pop in and share a card I made for an angel on earth. Let me explain... A co-worker of mine has a daughter who has needed a kidney transplant  since she was 9 and shes 14 now. My co-worker had a place reserved at a Ronald McDonald house for $20.00 a night. They called her last week and said they were able to finally start construction on their expansion but she had to find alternative housing because the transplant patients couldn't stay there during construction. Her surgery is scheduled for next Friday. I couldn't believe they did this to all the transplant patients right before their surgery. Its stressful enough to have her daughter go Thur this without having no where to stay at the last minute!! So my co-workers and I raised $3000.00 for the hotel she was going to have to stay at. $140.00 was the cheapest and the hospital mandates that after the surgery the patients have to stay within a certain distance from the hospital for a few weeks.


 
 
I remembered I have a friend who's cousin lives by the hospital so I called her and asked her if she would call them and see if they knew of anything within a mile of the hospital. She posted it on a site called Nextdoor and got three replies immediately! One of the people she had met before and this lady had volunteered at this hospital for 33 years! She has a 3 bedroom house with an in law quarters attached. It has a pool and the best news? FREE for as long as my co-worker needs it!! Is that the BEST story? It brought tears to my eyes and my co-worker meets her tomorrow to work out the details! So that stress of off my co-worker and she can concentrate on her daughter :-) So, I made this card for my friend's cousin who facilitated the meeting and truly is an angel:-) Prayers to my co-worker and her daughter  for a successful transplant.

27 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a fantastic story! How wonderful it is to hear that all the kindness and caring is not gone from this world! Love that, and LOVE your sweet card!

Irish Cherokee said...

My prayers go out to all involved. Great story and encouraging hope for this tired world.
Blessings
Jim

Sue Lelli said...

Your story brought tears to my eyes! She is an angel living on earth!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

You ladies are truly amazing, bless you!
Great card, with fabulous background and really reflects the loving thoughts.
Ingrid x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what an amazing story! TFS!
Your card is fabulous, too, Charlene!

1CardCreator said...

Wow, what a beautiful story, nice to hear some good news. Love the card you made too. ~Diane

KayM said...

Oh what a sweet story!! I am so happy for your friend! That's wonderful news! Your card is lovely too! I have always liked that die! I love what you did with it! I need it now! haha!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a wonderful soul!
This is absolutely gorgeous creation!

Virginia Lu said...

Oh what a touching story...you and your co-workers are miracle workers! I hope the co-worker's daughter's transplant will go well. Bless the heart of this Nextdoor volunteer! I love your card as it is so striking and the contrast with the black is awesome! Way to go, Charlene!

~amy~ said...

Such a FABulous story...love hearing people helping people out...

Your card is perfect.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your card Char and thank you for sharing such touching story with us.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty!

Ros Crawford said...

What a story!! Certainly brought a tear to my eyes ... I do hope all goes well and your card is STUNNING!!

Danielle Flanders said...

What a sweet story! And I love this card, so bright and cheery! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello today. Great to hear from you, Char!

Far North said...

I still have tears in my eyes...such a touching story! It is so wonderful to hear of such kindness! Fabulous card to send your personal thanks. Thanks for sharing Char!




Maria said...

Oh, my, Char! This story brought tears to my eyes! How awesome that all worked out for the best! Small miracles happen every day with angels among us! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family!:-) And, your card is so lovely and thoughtful!:-)

Marybeth said...

This is just the best news I have heard in al long time. There are soooo many good people out there! I think its wonderful what you all did to help this family! It's a good news day in my book... just can’t look at any other news for the day :)
Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful story! Angels are everywhere! You are one of them!

Marybeth said...

Love your card too, Charlene!

Ira Huberts said...

What a heartfelt story Char... It's so very endearing to know that in the midst of all the violence in this world, there are still people with a golden heart out there! Your card is so pretty Char, such a sweet gesture! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Joni nina Andaya said...

Gorgeous card with an Amazing story to matched! Lovely <3 Charlene.

Annette Allen said...

WOW this is gorgeous.. love the colors... praying for your friend..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! I loveeeeeee the colors!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

What an amazing story! So glad you shared it! Love the feel good of others and it sure makes you feel good!

Your card is perfect! Awesome job!

Deepti said...

Stunning colors and I like the black against it :) and the story is really touching, good to know that there are people out there ready to help in every possible way !

Benzi said...

What a fabulous story and an angel, for sure. I am saying prayers for this girl and her family.

Benzi said...

Oh, your card is very special. You played a part in all this so big hugs to you.

Rebecca Luminarias said...

What a heartwarming story, Char--kudos to you for your involvement and it's just amazing to see people helping people in need. There IS good in this world! (I love your card, too!)