Coast

Hi Friends! I'm back from vacation and want to share a few pictures :-) I dreaded coming back to the heat! We have had a very weird summer with excessive days over 100. More like 108..I don't now about you but that kind of heat wears on me. If my kids weren't here I would seriously think about moving lol!!

This is my favorite beach in Trinidad..It's called Luffenholtz Beach. The road to get to it was washed out at one time a few years back and only 1 lane for a stretch. But so worth the drive...This stretch of the ocean is located on a road called Scenic Dr. There is access to the beach...just a walk down some stairs


This is another part of the same road, it has a rocky cliff that you can walk out to






I drove down this country road and it was sooooooo creepy......So many houses were just left deserted and still standing . Thought it was interesting to share...I have alot more houses but am only boring you with a few :-)

An old school


This was another house on the same road...deserted and creepy.....


And this was a garage next to the house above...it was on a country lane that lead to the beach..There were a few shacks that some people lived in but a lot empty too



This was a house I almost missed...it collapsed and all the trees and berry bushes were covering it


 And these two buildings were next to the collapsed house

Even the trees on this road were different. I couldn't get them all in with my cell phone


 
And when I  got home I found this beautiful card in my mailbox from Ros (Thank you Ros!! )
 
 
I need to get around to your blogs soon! I have been having a problem with my shoulder and have an MRI set up for next week. I'm told I have something called frozen shoulder. All I know is I didn't do anything to it but I can't lift my right arm very high and it hurts horribly :-(. So needless to say I havent been on the computer much...I'm trying to rest it and stretch it. After the MRI and it dosent show that I have damage I have to start physical therapy. My doctor told me its very common in "women my age"......what the heck!!! See you soon! Char
 

15 comments:

Dawn Lancaster said...

Fantastic photos,looks like a great trip!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a lovely comment!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Geri said...

Oh, I loved your photos, Char! Thanks so much for sharing! Hope you can get that shoulder taken care of soon...that's no fun at all!!! Take care, dear!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my! Your beach pictures are so beautiful! Hope the shoulder feels better soon too!

Maria said...

Gorgeous pics, Char! Hope you had a wonderful time away! And, keeping you in thought and prayer regarding your shoulder! Take care, hugs!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful photos. I hope the shoulder gets better. That is what happened to my left one many years ago. I just thought I had a pinched nerve. Eventually it got better, but I remember how I couldn't even blow dry my hair. Very painful.

Benzi said...

Awesome photos, Char. I really enjoyed viewing them. I love those trees.
Ooh, I had a frozen shoulder once...years ago. I think I got it from pulling wallpaper off a very high wall in my foyer. I had to have therapy, too. Hope all goes well for you.
That doctor needs to leave age out of the diagnosis, huh? LOL

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous pictures.. thanks for sharing.. hope your shoulder feels better soon.. take good care.

Audrey Pettit said...

That is such a beautiful piece of coastline! Absolute heaven! Although all those abandoned houses are sad....and a bit creepy. Too bad about that. And so sorry to hear about your shoulder! I had something similar happen to my neck several years ago. Just woke up wrong one day, and have had a messed up neck ever since. The joys of getting older. But still, better than the alternative! ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

That beach is fabulous! Those houses... not so much - they do look creepy :)

Sue Lelli said...

Did you slap that doctor when he said women your age?????! THX for sharing your photos. They are so interesting! Good luck with your shoulder! Let us know!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos from your trip!!! And so sorry about the shoulder! Sending prayers!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Hope your shoulder is better soon!!!!! And thanks for sharing the photos!

yyam said...

Glad you had a great vacation...love the photos!
Sorry about the shoulder...it seems like a blood circulation problem..you should consider acupuncture. It really works.

Ros Crawford said...

Your photos are great ... I love looking at them ... And I'm glad you got your card and gift ... Shoulder problem ... Yeh! girl I hear you ... Seems to be a woman thing whatever age! I always say it's because everyone leans on me too much!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, another stunning card! Think I will have to be your newest follower so I don't miss anything! Have a great weekend! :)