Happy Birthday Anna!!

Hi! It's a special day today! It's Annas birthday, please join us at City Crafter to wish her the best birthday ever!!


 I cut the butterfly with my Cameo. I cut a second butterfly for the top. I embossed the top with molding paste and used a Tim Holtz Doily stencil. Let it dry and then add watercolor over butterfly. When that's dry I added pure color in spots over the top to bring out the detail. Add stickles when dry and that's it. The rose die is from MFT. I cut from watercolor paper, dipped in distressed ink and after it dried I added stickles to the petals.


 
 
 
Happy Birthday Anna!!!! I hope your day is as special as you!! Hugs, Char
 

15 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is sooooo pretty! And I love the textures on the butterfly!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful! The butterfly looks fabulous!

1CardCreator said...

Such a pretty card. ~Diane

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! This is as beautiful as it is unique Char!
Bravo!!

Deepti said...

Oh my the texturing on the butterfly is incredible, beautiful design!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous stencil and gorgeous card, Anna is going to love this to bits!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMWord, is this ever stunning, Char! I always love a shaped card design, and this big butterfly is just spectacular. And then add in your stenciling and watercolor finish? WOW!

Sylvia said...

What a gorgeous butterfly card, Char, love that blue! Have a beautiful Saturday!

Annette Allen said...

wow wee that butterfly is gorgeous.. i love it

Maria said...

Wowsa!!! That butterfly is super beautiful with all that texture and color!

KayM said...

Oh my heavens that's lovely!! What a fun technique that resulted in a spectacular card! And to answer you question about the first year ornaments, I not made anything specifically for babies, but I do have some ornaments that have little bears on them that would be cute :) Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! :)

Tracey said...

So so pretty!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Love the color of the butterfly...this stencil is on my wish list it is gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful!!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Beautiful!!!