June 10, 2014

City Crafter Challenge # 215 It's for the birds!

Hi! It's my week to pick our challenge and I've been enjoying the sweet birds in my yard, so hence the challenge this week! I can't wait to see all those cute birds!! Char

Theme: Make a card of project using a bird!

 


 
The papers are Maggie Holmes (Crate) and the bird is Hero Arts. I handmade the background by cutting out clouds and moving the template around and inking with a blending tool. Very easy to do and handy if you don't have cloud paper :-) A girl has to improvise :-) I colored the bird with some distress markers.

 

Our Guest Designer this week is the wonderful Maria! She is a sweet lady, a wonderful crafter that always spreads sunshine around lots of our blogs :-) I couldn't be happier that she is our GDT this week!  I hope you stop by her blog and see her wonderful card!

And stop by City Crafter and see the awesome Dt's creations!

I hope you can play along this week!
Hugs , Char

 

19 comments:

Lisette Baker said...

Gorgeous card Char, love what you have done with the bird stamp.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Char what a handsome bird!! And I adore your banners! Beautiful card....

Victoriya N said...

Amazing bird! So bright and nice! )) Lovely card, Charlene!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a beautiful card this is! I love the mix of papers topped off with that pretty little bird!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

super cute!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Charlene! That little bird is the sweetest! Great mix of colors!

Mar said...

So pretty Char! I love the colors and the bird is colord perfect!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh, I love that bird! You did an amazing job!!!

Maria said...

Wow, Char! I love the gorgeous colorful bird! It is perfect for the challenge! Thank you for the sweet shout out to me! I'm so happy to be guest designer this week! You all are very talented and dear sweet designers! Hugs!:-)

Sandy said...

What a beautiful bird and your card really captured his personality. I will not be around this summer but I will see you again in the fall!
Sandy xx

Heather Jensen said...

This is stunning, Char! I love the perfectly colored bird and darling banner. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Your gorgeous card and that cutie pie of a bird melt my heart!
Thank You Char~

Audrey Pettit said...

Aww, this is so, so sweet Char, and just beautiful! I LOVE the cloud background paper you created....how very clever of you! And that bird is fabulous. Gorgeous coloring, and love the little banner flags, too!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Char.
Have a bless week!
Karen

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful layout and of course the bird. I adore bird cards so I am off to check out this challenge~ :)

Annette Allen said...

I LOVE THIS.. girl you are great with color.. this is amazing..

Tracey said...

So pretty....love your gorgeous card, the bird is beautiful!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, that little birdie just couldn't possibly be any more perfect! LOVE this colorful palette and your little banner, too! Beautiful!

 

Feedjit