May 16, 2014

Watercolors!

Hi Friends! Well, I've been watching the lessons on the watercolor class but haven't had a lot of time to play along. After working all day and stuff to do after work I'm usually so tired, but, I took the day off today to finish the garage and do some playing! I watched today's video early this morning and I kid you not, these two cards took maybe 15 minutes. The longest part was taking the pictures and adding them to the computer! I opted for simple, as I donate a lot of cards to my work and they raise money for cancer. People come into our facility that are scared, they don't know whats wrong and I love the fact that I can whip out a ton of these in no time at all :-)

 
 For these cards I used Tim Holtz sunshine stencil, distressed ink and water..that's it :-). Some of you have been leaving comments that you hope this class is available again. You can sign up anytime and the classes are forever!! You can watch the videos again and again! So if your interested go here
 
 
The sentiment is from My Favorite Things
 



I'm off to finish the garage so I have the day free to play!
Hugs, Char

15 comments:

MichelleZ said...

Beautiful! I love the colors.

I envy you! I was tempted to skip work to play with paper. I mentioned it casually to my husband and he freaked out. Lol. The next time I'll just have a headache or something. Doesn't the fresh new paper smell cure headaches? ;)

Darnell J Knauss said...

These are bright and cheerful and perfect for donating, Char! I haven't tried this homework yet and since you say it's totally easy, I can't wait to get to it!! Have a great weekend! Don't work too hard on that garage! Hugs, Darnell

Carole said...

Really lovely. I love the color combinations. C x

Sharon Underwood said...

All of these are so colorful and perfect for donating! What a nice thing to do! I haven't tried today's homework yet, but you've inspired me!

Bridget said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!

Mar said...

Awesome Char!! I really love the one with all the colors! You know thats me lol!! have a great weekend! Mar

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

LOVELY!

Jinny Newlin said...

So very cool, Char! They're ever so bright and happy and absolutely perfect for the cause!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, sure to brighten someones day. ~Diane

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, they are fabulous! That stencil works so perfectly with the water coloring! And what a great sentiment! So perfect for some of your patients! You are so wonderful to donate your cards!

Deanna said...

Beautiful!

Christie said...

So cool! Love that it took very little time to make something so beautiful!!

Tracey said...

OMgosh..love the pretty colours Char, such a pretty card!

Benzi said...

Gorgeous, bright and so cheerful, Char. I'm sure you give people a smile and a lift with your cards.

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific!! I'm loving your watercolour creations

 

Feedjit