Simon Says Anything Goes

Hi ! It's almost Friday! Its been a crazy week! I'm linking my card up to Simon Says challenge "Make a card using Pattened Paper"
 
 
Simon Says,  Use Patterned Paper. For my card I used Maggie Holmes latest line called Styleboard. The stork is one I got for Destiny's baby shower but I didn't get it in time. It's from Impression Obsession. I added some watercolor to the "Hello" . The circles were cut with the Silhouette.
 

 
 
I took a friend of mine to the Amtrak station and on the way I lost a front tire. By the time I stopped the car I was in front of the police station :-) Convenient right? Wrong!  I proceeded to walk her to the station with all her suitcases (mind you it was 5:45 in the morning). When I got back I called Allstate to send a tow truck driver because a jack wouldn't work under the car because of the angle. Can you believe that with all the police officers walking by me leaving and coming to work, not ONE of them offered to help me. I was right in front of where they park. The only person who came by and offered to help was a homeless man!!!! I was appalled at our men in blue!!!
 

Meanwhile I got the black off the fender but the tire dented my fender :-(. And I have new tires :-), and it was a blessing I didn't have the grand kids with me. I always try to look on the bright side :-)
 
Yesterday I spent all day at the college teaching kids who are getting ready to graduate, how to interview. It was so worthwhile and fun!
 
I guess that's all my shenanigan's for this week  :-) Char
 
 

16 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Sorry about the tire, what a way to start the day. Sweet card, love the die cuts. ~Diane

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is just fantastic. Love the cute elements and details. I am so sorry about the early morning incident, big hug to you!

Sandy said...

Good gosh Char - what a story - I would send it to your local paper. At least to the police station! Unbelievable!!!!
Your card is so precious - but they are always good makes!!
Sandy xx

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love your sweet card with all the dies...the watercoloring on the sentiment looks fabulous, Char!!! I'm so sorry about your tire...what a nightmare for you!!! I think I would be making a comment or two to the police chief about his helpful staff...or a letter to the editor!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Ooh that tyre looks a mess ... but at least your card is a triumph! Fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, Char, that is appalling about the police officers. What turkeys! Sorry you had to go through that. :(
LOVE your card! SUCH a sweet baby design! I love that stork. And your design is truly stunning!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fiasco! I love how you can look on the bright side....
Super sweet card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, the faith we put in our uniformed officers. ;) I'm sorry this tire mess happened to you...it's like an insurance commercial!

Love this card, Char. So many fun elements on it...bet it's one of her favorites. :)

Silje said...

Beautiful and totally cute card! Love the layering on it : )
So sorry about tire!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Oh My :( What a day! I am so glad you are safe...never mind the tire. What a SUPER CUTE card Char!!! Love it <3

Jinny Newlin said...

Ugh! I'm so, so sorry! BJ's tire suddenly went flat today, too. What's the deal?! So glad it wasn't worse. You're thinking the right way ;). And your card is darling! Really love the watercolor effect on your letters!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your card and how adorable the soft coloring is, absolute perfection.
Your misfortune and the attitude of the police on the other hand just really angers me! I think Sandy makes a good point, have you thought about reporting the story to the local paper?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry they didn't help :( That makes me sad :( I loveeeeeeee your card! GORGEOUS colors and loving the bird!!!!

Maria said...

Love the sweet card with dies! So sorry to hear about the tire incident, Char! Darn men in blue not helping you! Shame on them! But, so glad that you and friend were not hurt!

Annette Allen said...

aww sorry about your tire.. that is not fun..

This card is amazing.. love all those fun layers.. :)

Heather Jensen said...

Love the watercolor effects on your words.


Sorry to hear about your tire. That's sad that non of the officers offered to help or even call someone for you. Good to hear it all worked out in the end though. :)

 

Feedjit