Happy Easter!

Hi Friends! I had every intention to make a Easter Card, but I made the mistake of going to the mailbox and finding this new little stamp set, and I have to say I haven't been this excited about a stamp set in a long time. I went to buy it only a few hours after it was available and it had already sold out! But lucky for me I was cruising Simon Says and they carried it, so I snatched it up! But sad to say it's already sold out there now too :-( It's from a new stamp Company called Altenew...here's the link .The set is called painted flowers. I would love to see them make a smaller rose set too!
 
 
With this stamp set it's so easy to put together a card. I was intimated by all the pieces, but you can't go wrong...they work together nicely!
 
 I used my Stampin' up ink's. They have a nice line of  stamps with different tones that work nicely together. On this card I inked the outline with brown, but the bottom card I used black.


This big sentiment is also from a new Company called Winnie and Walter. I picked up a few sets of the big sentiments they have. They are very nice and ship quickly !! Which is great because I don't know about you, but when I want something I wanted it yesterday lol! I am trying to teach the grand kids to be patient, but I need some 1st lol! I had them last night and we were coloring Easter Eggs and they were wanting to do everthing all at once......normal kids right? I asked them if anyone had ever told them they were impatient and Jasmine says yes, my other Grammy says were like an empty hospital...no patients lol!!
 
Here's my 2nd card with the same set.I'm linking up to Winnie and Walter's challenge, to join in go here



Here's a few pics of the baby shower...I haven't edited them yet, I'm still recuperating lol!!
 


 
My DIL made these cupcakes. I think she did a fantastic job on them!
 

These were the Thank You bags I made...45 :-)  The Stork's were cut using my Silhouette..and cutting out 45 pieces and gluing them together was quite a task , I bribed a friend to come over and help lol!!I started out using a PTI bag and when I saw how long it was going to take, I carried my fanny to Michael's and bought the bags , so all I had to  do was put the stork's together and  the trim !!
 

Sorry, bad picture...the place we had the shower was all windows and the shine was bad, but my DIL had a table for everyone to make hair accessories! It was the most popular table !

 
 
 
There was ribbons, and bows, flower, hair bands etc...I'd say Kinley is all set with hair accessories for all ages. These bigger flowers will be great for when she's bigger!

 
The diaper cake :-)


 
 The diapers for the guests to sign :-)
 
 
 This is the outside of the building where the shower took place. It is so pretty here and surrounded my water with a full deck on the back. It was a beautiful shower, a gorgeous day and Destiny had a wonderful time! I'm so glad! She got pretty much everything she needs for the baby and has her hubby putting it all together this weekend lol!
 
 
Well, I think that about does it for me. Long post huh? LOL
 
I hope you have a wonderful Easter!!!!
 
Hugs, Char

18 comments:

Ira Huberts said...

First of all Happy Easter to you Char! Your flower cards look lovely, these stamps are indeed beautiful! Glad to see you had a wonderful baby shower and so fabulously dressed up, too! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sue Lelli said...

OMG! LOVE that stamp set and the cards you made! Just GORGEOUS, Char! Also REALLY LOVED seeing the shower photos! Your daughter is so Pretty and looked so Happy! Fab shots! Happy Easter!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Happy Easter!
WHAT BEAUTIFUL CARDS! I am gonna have to look for that stamp set!
Thanks for sharing your photos of the shower! it looks like you had so much fun! And ya'll had some great ideas!

yyam said...

Oooh...that's a beautiful stamp set...I want it too! You've made some lovely cards with them!

Whoa! What an awesome shower! I love those yummy cupcakes and those storks are sooooo cute!

Benzi said...

Oh, Char...gorgeous stamp set and you've turned me on to a new company. I've already been over to check it out. Your cards are gorgeous.

The shower had to be a lot of fun and so exciting. What sweet bows made. Cupcakes are awesome.

Lisa said...

Happy, Happy Easter dearest Char! My what a sweet shower! I'm sure you are so excited. Looks like I will be right behind you celebrating a wee one. My son and daughter-in-law are expecting the end of July or early August... right after my daughter's wedding and big move to Canada. Gonna be busy round these parts. lol. I can't wait to see pictures of little Kinley! Also, your cards are GORGEOUS!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous cards, reminds me of the 2 step stamping roses from Stampin Up, these are much prettier though, I like the larger size. You made 2 gorgeous cards with the set that's for sure! The shower looks like it was a really big hit! Those cupcakes were beautiful too. ~Diane

~Tammy~ said...

Your cards are just so beautiful! I can see why you wanted that set! Beautiful!!!

What a shower!! Love your bags!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are fabulous, Charlene! I love that stamp set -- I'm waiting for it to come back in stock so I can order it....

Christie said...

Wonderful stamp set! Looks like a really fun shower!
What are you doing for NSD? I'm headed to Chico (PSB). Would LOVE to see you!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your cards are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors!!! And love love love the shower photos!!! Looks like an amazing time!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, what fabulous pics! Such a fun party! I so missed one for our littlest guy. It's always so fun to celebrate a new baby, but I guess once you're working on number three, nobody cares anymore. Tee hee! And those floral stamps are FANTASTIC! NEED! TFS!

Ros Crawford said...

My those cards are superb!! what a beautiful stamp ... and I'm so glad you had fun at the shower ... everything looks fabulous including your lovely daughter ... Happy Easter! Love that line your Granddaughter came out with ... gotta remember that one!

Audrey Pettit said...

awww, what a magnificent post, Char!! Happy Easter to you! I LOVE your cards! Wow, those flowers are amazing. I love, love, love the layering of stamps for the flowers and the colors you chose and the designs. Truly fabulous! And you SO made me smile with the hospital and patience comment! haha!
LOVE all the photos from the shower! Wow, what a wonderful day that must have been!

alexandra s.m. said...

I've enjoyed your post tremendously Char!!
Fantastic cards!!
Thank You~

Joni nina Andaya said...

Amazing Char! Gorgeous cards you made and the baby shower photos are fabulous. Love <3 Hugs!

Sandy said...

Beautiful cards and the shower looks absolutely grand and so much fun. Don't those cupcakes look delicious!
What a beautiful place to hold the shower!
Sandy xx

Winnie Walter said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for using our "thanks" on this little beauty!