City Crafter Challenge #208

Hi Friends! This week it's Ros's turn to pick our challenge at CCCB! And she has chosen the theme:
 
 PAINT IT!! Ros wants you to get artsy! (make a card or project that includes a painted background... can use watercolor, distress ink, spray mist etc)
 
 
 
 

For my card I used Distress inks and acrylic paint on the background for starters. Next I did some embossing with white embossing powder, and then I added more ink on top and some paint splatters. The poppys are inked up using the Rock and Roll technique for depth.When they were dry I used some Wink of Stella on top for  some glitter..I LOVE THAT STUFF!
 

 
These poppys are from MFT...thanks to Heather I had to get some ! :-)

 
Our Guest Designer this week is Natalia, please visit her blog and give some love :-)
 
I know for a fact a lot of my artsy friends have been doing mixed media , so have some fun and join in the fun!!
 
Be sure to stop by City Crafter and see the wonderful creations for the DT !
Thanks for visiting! Hugs, Char
 
 

21 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super pretty!

Anna Rogalska said...

So gorgeous!!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Very nicely done. Mixed media often throws many but you did a great job on this project. beautiful.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning Char ... I adore you background and those poppies are a pure delight!

~Tammy~ said...

Your painted background is gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors too!

Victoriya N said...

Amazing poppies, Charlene! The background is very creative and nice! ))

Audrey Pettit said...

Wowzers, OMGOSH! This is stunning, Char! I would be framing this!

Ira Huberts said...

Oh my Char, there's so much life in your poppyflowers! Love the reds and your pretty looking background. Hope you had a great Easter, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous! I just LOVE the colors!

MichelleZ said...

This is really pretty. I love that painted background.

yyam said...

Ooooh...yum...love the background. I think I need to get white embossing powder! This looks fabulous Char!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Charlene! Love the beautiful artsy background!

Lisette Baker said...

Fabulous card I absolutely love that background.

Mar said...

Gorgeous Char!! Love the artsyness to your card, the bacxkground is beautiful!

Heather Jensen said...

I absolutely adore this, Char! The background looks amazing. :)

Glad you are happy with the Poppies.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, love the pretty poppies, the texture really pops too! ~Diane

Joni nina Andaya said...

So Pretty :)

Maria said...

So very pretty! Wonderful background and lovely flowers...well done, Char!

Carol said...

Love the bling, colours and layers xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Such amazing texture, my dear! LOVE that mixed media background!

Sandy said...

Oh Lordy child! This is fantastic - really is gorgeous!
Sandy xx