Happy Birthday PTI!

Hi Friends! Have you seen PTI's birthday celebration? I've checked it out every day, but sadly I haven't had a lot of time to play, but, this weekend we have rain and I had some time last night after the concert. I went to see Lonestar with a friend. I'm afraid I'm not much into country music (don't hold it against me) :-), but I was familiar with a few of their songs. I had a great time!! The band was funny, and very entertaining!!




For this card I started out with watercolor paper. I misted the paper lightly and stamped the stamp directly to the wet paper. Then I misted the paper again and the ink started to run. When that was dry I re-inked my stamp and stamped over the 1st stamp for more detail. I misted some green drops on the paper and had an oops moment at the bottom. See the green? So I added more water and took a wet paper towel and smeared it. I actually liked the effect. Yeah for accidents lol!! Sorry the picture is not very good and doesn't show the true colors but with the rain, I can't get a good picture.





And here's a normal stamped one with the same stamp :-)

 Well, back to the scrap room to make more cards. I got some of the new Crate paper and more PTI in!! What better way to spend a rainy day? Hugs, Char

11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Charlene! Great take on the sketch!

yyam said...

Love the soft, artsy effect!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really beautiful, Char! I just love the watercolor look! Beautiful stamping. Love the vellum sentiment strip and the green misting, too. SO pretty!

alexandra s.m. said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!
Like a real painting!
I love that Char!
TFS~

Joni nina Andaya said...

This is so Beautiful with your coloring Char! Ooh..love the colors!

Ira Huberts said...

Beautiful blooms Char! And the colours are indeed stunning! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sue Lelli said...

I am in LOVE with how this turned out! LOVE what the water did to your stamping! It looks so Monet! FABULOUS!

Maria said...

Ohhh, what a lovely card with beautiful color and effect! Very pretty stamped sentiment on vellum, too! Glad you enjoyed the concert...how fun!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous cards ... I love the watercolour ... Looks so beautiful!

Lisette Baker said...

That's such a beautiful effect, love it.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so pretty, guess what? I am still bumped that I am not in my craft room the whole time PTI celebration is going on! : (