This is what a drought looks like!

Hi Friends! Well it's the start of another week :-). My friend Kathy and I decided to drive out to Shasta Lake last weekend because  the lake is 130 feet down year to date. The length of Shasta Lake is 35 miles. We actually drove down to the bottom of the lake at one of the arms and took these pictures! They have moved a lot of the houseboats up to land, but some are still in the water. It's so crazy how low it is! There are alot of boat launches, this is just one of the arms of the lake. People were out there in off roader's 4 wheeling !!
 

 
 The lake should be at the top of the dirt
 

 
 

 
This is a make shift road to get down to the boats and the boat launch because the boat launches are up highter
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This is what it looks like when it's full . See that mountain in the back ground? That's Mt. Shasta and it has no snow either :-( The Governor of California has issued a state of emergency, and still no rain in sight! This lake sends water to Los Angeles......

 
 
I sure hope we get some rain soon!
 

On a happier note Kim's friend took some pictures of the girls last weekend and I think they turned out adorable!!
 

 
 
 They are getting so big so fast! I had them for the night on Friday and we made there parents some Valentine's Day boxes to put love notes in. They made 6 cards each. I wanted to get pictures but Kim and John came and I couldn't.
 
A quick card I made for my coffee girl, she just got married last week :-)
 
 
There are so many things under the lake....old towns, fish hatchery's , highways, etc...
I think I will take a drive to a different part of the lake to investigate today
 I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Hugs, Char

14 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

Adorable girls and adorable card, Char!

Your pictures of Lake Shasta are really beautiful, but what a sad and scary story they tell. We are in desperate need of rain and these photos really bring it home. The threat of fire is alarming. I'm thinking we California stampers need to get our followers together for a giant rain dance to assist with the prayers! Hugs, Darnell

yyam said...

Oh dear...hope it rains soon. :(

Audrey Pettit said...

I really do get so nervous about all the climate changes and everything that's going on. Seeing the lake look like that must be soooo scary! We have a lot of drought issues here, too. Yikes!
Love the photos of the girls. The little photo props are adorable! And I love your card! Such a fun way to create the wedding cake!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a pretty card! I was just playing with that same patterned paper yesterday....

Ira Huberts said...

Oh my, you really do need water right now... Such a shame of what seems such a beautiful place. Your card, however, is so pretty Char, as are the lovely girls! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ya, I hope you guys get some rain soon! Water has been a problem in Vegas too, people don't realize it as they don't see near problem, but it worries us.
Sweet photos of those sweet little girls!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! Those pictures are crazy! Praying for rain for you guys! I do love your card too, sweet and perfect!

Kelly Griglione said...

Seriously, I had no idea the drought was that dramatic! How frightening! Those are certainly some amazing photos though. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Adorable girls, and lovely card!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! That is a big drop in water ... And here we are swimming in it in the UK ... Some places here are completely flooded out ... fortunately we have been quite lucky and other than the road being flooded our home is safe.
Gorgeous pics of the girls!! And your friend will adore your beautiful card!

~Tammy~ said...

That is so sad!

The pictures of the girls are darling!

Deanna said...

Wow great photos and a great card!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word....the pictures of Lake Shasta are sooo sad!!! I hope and pray you get some rain soon!!!! I love the picks of your little girls...absolutely adorable and I love your beautiful wedding card, too!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

WOW! I so hope you all get rain soon! They say we're in a drought, too. We've had some cracking in the plaster of our little home, so I believe it, but we're crossing our fingers that all the snow they're predicting for this week makes it our way and gives us a little dent in the numbers. Great pics of the girls, too :)!

Christie said...

WOW! The lake is really low. :(
Those girls are SO adorable!!
And your card is pretty awesome too!