City Crafter Challenge Snow bird

 
Hi Friends! Today is Ros's turn to host and she has chosen the theme:
 Create a card or project with snow and birds!!!
 
 
 
 
When I first started  paper crafting I bought a bunch of mixed media materials. Needless to say they are sitting all nicely in there drawers, untouched :-(....But for this card I brought them all out to play!! I started with a piece of white watercolor paper. I ran a water brush over the surface and let it soak in a bit. Then I ran my gelitos over the surface in two different colors, a light blue and a darker one and blended with the watercolor brush until blended well. I still wasn't happy with the results, so I got out my Mr. Huey's in sky blue and spritzed it on and again blended it.  For the snow I applied the tip of a paint dauber over the paper lightly.  I added some snowflakes in the background. For the snow at the bottom I mixed some molding paste and acrylic paint and put it on with a palette knife. As you can see I had fun adding it to the trees also :-). Now the tree was cut with my Silhouette in a brown card stock...now if I had been thinking ahead I would have done white. But, instead I covered up alot of the brown with the paint and paste...but if I had it to do over again, I'd still use the brown because I like some of the  brown showing thur!!
Anyway, I had a blast messing around with all those mediums and will try my hand at it again soon I'm sure!!

 
Anyway, THANKS ROS for making me stretch my artsyness !!!(Is that a word?) :-)
 
This week's Guest Designer is Ana K please be sure and stop by her blog and see her wonderful work :-)

The rest of the fabulous DT's creations can be found here .
Hugs, Char
 

28 comments:

Lisette Baker said...

I absolutely love this. That tree looks amazing and the birds are so cute and cheerful. Fabulous!

Annar said...

It is so cute!

Geri said...

How very 'tweet', Char! LOVE all the dimension and texture you've added!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your card is so cool, Charlene! I love it!

Leigh Penner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh Penner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Your artsyness is fabulous! So love that tree!

Ros Crawford said...

Ros bird??? Think you mean snow bird! Lol!
Super card I love your artsy work!!

Ros Crawford said...

Ros bird??? Think you mean snow bird! Lol!
Super card I love your artsy work!!

Maria said...

Super CUTE and love all the texture with the different mediums! I think you did a wonderful job with your mixed media project! I'm anxious to see more of these projects from you!

Tracey said...

Happy New Year Charlene.....OMGosh this card is super sweet, so so pretty, love it!
ps. thankyou for visiting me :)

Mar said...

Awww Char this card is so adorable!!! That tree is spectular!!

Sasha said...

Fab design, Char! Lots of lovely snowy texture and I love your sweet birds x

Annette said...

Beautiful card Char!! Love all the different textures!! Love the little birds! Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

How awesome, Char! I love your artsy mixed-media card to pieces! Your background turned out awesome. Really love the tree and birds, too. I think it was a great idea to do the tree in brown, so some of that shows through. SO fun and fabulous!

Linda R said...

How fun to get to play with a new medium.. Well done. I LOVE it.

Hugs~

Nana said...

Fabulous. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh my, you definitely should try mixed media more, this is fantastic. Wonderful textures and those birds are so sweet!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Absolutely adore this card!!! Love the tree and the textures!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so sweet, Char! Really love all those textures! Bet that took you forever, but it sure is worth the end result.

yyam said...

Glad your mixed media mediums came out to play...coz you are a natural my friend! This looks fantabulous!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a wonderful piece, Charlene! So glad you dug into your drawer and got those mixed media materials out. Fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

OMG, Char! This card is Fantastic! Love your blue BG and I agree the brown tree looks best - otherwise the snow wouldn't have shown up so well! Keep the Mixed Media projects coming! You are so GOOD at it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Another fabulous design!

Benzi said...

That's a really cute scene you created, Char. Good job with the mixed media.....so fun!!!

Sandy said...

Wonderful Sugar - two of my favorite things - snow and birds!!!!!
Sandy xx

Cheryl First said...

Oh my goodness, this is so GREAT!
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Christie said...

I can't believe how talented you are and what you come up with from the "inspiration" given to you! You're amazing!