Festive Friday challenge - Peace

Hi Friends! How have you been? Did you have a great weekend? I was under the weather but better now and looking forward to having the girls tomorrow!! I have been busy with working and learning :-) I did have a day out of schedule and went to Sacramento and took a fabulous class from Julie Ebersole! I loved the class and learning a different style. She will be back in Sac in April and I think I will go again!

 O.K. on to my entry for Festive Friday! I started my embossing my card stock with a chevron folder. The tag id cut from a PTI tag die. The peace word is also a die from PTI. I wanted to go for an ombre effect so I whipped out my gelatos and started with a red on top a beige in the center and on the  bottom a white. Then I blended the colors all together. If you haven't tried gelatos yet its a must! They are so easy, fun and blend great!

 


+
 
The poinsettia is cut from a spellbinders die and I colored them in with my gelatos again to match the sentiment. The feather is from Wplus9 and is embossed in white and colored with the gelatos also. And the last step is a wood grain embellie. This was made with a roller stamp I bought from a LSS and I believe it's from Glitz Design. Again, fun and easy!
 
 
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Char

25 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love how you added the feather!

yyam said...

Oh wow. Very eye-catching! :)

Kristi Schurr said...

This is gorgeous,Love the poinsettia along with the gorgeous die cut sentiment! Have a great weekend!

Linda R said...

This looks amazing. I have to say you rocked this challenge.

Hugs~

alexandra s.m. said...

I never knew that powder blue and fire engine red could be so pretty together!
I love your card Char!!

katslittlepassion said...

such a beautiful card!!!

i checked out your other projects and i love them :) i will be stepping by, because im very impressed! :*

Mar said...

Awesome card Char!!!

Sandy said...

Wonderful Char! I love my Gelatos!!
And it looks like you are having a good time with yours too!
Sandy

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hombre word! Pretty poinsettia and feather! Fab color combo! Great card, Char!

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful!! What a lovely colour blue that is and how well it goes with your fabulous poinsettia ... beautifully designed too ... Have a great weekend!

Marybeth said...

Glad you are feeling better. This is a beautiful card! I like the added feather .

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love how you did the feather.

Sasha said...

I love your pretty shade of blue and red combo, Char. Such a lovely design with your fabulous poinsettia as the focal point xx

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable card, Char! Love the poinsettia and love the crisp white and all the embossing. Very creative way to do the sentiment, too. Love that ombre effect. I need to get me some gelatos. All I have are black and white...

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Gorgeous - love the classic red and white combination! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!

Tracey said...

I love your gorgeous card....the poinsettia is Beautiful!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is beautiful!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a neat mix of things. I like the feather with the poinsettia. And good for you, getting your Christmas on! It's not that far away....

Benzi said...

Beautiful, Char...love the poinsettia and the woodgrain looks super.
Haven't tried gelatos but my sis has and really likes them.

Jean Martin said...

Ooooh! LOVE! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

What an absolutely perfect take on the inspiration pic, Char! So pretty, and I just adore your varied use of gelatos here!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the ombre sentiment. This is just so SO beautiful. Thanks for playing again Char!!

Julie said...

Love the elements on your card. Very pretty.

Geri said...

LOVE that gorgeous shade of red popping off the white, Char...It's just gorgeous!!!