City Crafter challenge #177 Color challenge


Hi Friends! Welcome to another challenge at City Crafter! The wonderful Ros is our hostess this week and she picked this theme:

Color challenge by Ros
(use aqua, white, silver and green)




 
I started out with some feather dies by MFT'S. I used some gelatos on them first and then inked them on top of the gelatos for more of a muted look and finished them off by stamping on them. The background stamp is from a class I took from Julie and I couldn't tell you what the name of it is as there's no name on the stamp :-( But I love the softness of it. The glitter I used is micro glitter and it's kind of green and silver mixed in. I really love the micro glitter. It's kind of pricey....something I'll all have to pick up a little at a time.


 
 
 Our Guest Designer this week is the lovely Macarena! Please be sure and visit her and leave her some love :-) Also, check out the other wonderfully talented DT at City Crafter Challenge Blog

I love how this card turned out, it's prettier in person :-) I hope you can play along this week!! Hugs, Char

 

18 comments:

Lisette Baker said...

This is so pretty. Love the feathers and that glitter card is to die for.

Heidi Gonzales said...

Wow! Absolutely Love this card Char-fabulous!

Ira Huberts said...

Your card looks really fab Char, love the feathers, what a great idea! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so lovely, Charlene!

Maria said...

A very lovely card, Char! So soft and pretty. Fab micro glitter and feathers, too!

Mar said...

This is so so pretty!! LOVE the feathers and the glitter!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the feathers!

Audrey Pettit said...

HOLY COW, what stunningness!!!!

Benzi said...

Gorgeous and beautiful colors. That micro glitter looks like something I need. LOL Love the feathers.

yyam said...

Ooooh...yummy. Love how you applied gelato on those feathers and the stamping! I might NEED to get a feather die...lol

Linda R said...

This looks great. Love those feathers such a creative idea..

Hugs~

alexandra s.m. said...

so pure and argh...with just the right amount of glitter....my heart melts ;)

Sandy said...

Beautiful Char and it goes with that pretty bedroom perfectly!
sandy

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, isn't this pretty!!! I just love the feathers and the sparkly paper looks awesome!!!!

Diane said...

Beautiful card...and I like the softness of the background stamp...I need to use more of my background stamps...you have inspired me to create with them!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, my friend! LOVE this palette to bits, and all your stamping, not to mention that yummy, glittery banner, are a perfect fit!

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE those feathers, Char, and LOVE the text! PRETTY BG paper! FAB card!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!