I'm back :-)

Hi Friends!!! I'm back from vacation!! I had the most spectacular time!! But before I barage you with a bunch of pictures I wanted to say Thank You to Meredith and Festive Friday for winning the Snow challenge with this card, I was so excited!!

Winner!
 

And a BIG THANK YOU for all the Birthday Wishes and I wanted to share some beautiful gifts and cards I received when I was gone.

 
This necklace, box it came in and the fantastic card are from my friend Sherry Wright. I was blown away by the fact that she took the time to fill this sweet charn necklace with things that are so me! Thank You soooooo much Sherry! I will treasure this forever :-)


And this is the beautiful card whe made :-)

And the gorgeous wrapping it came in, so pretty!!! And notice it's wrapped in Crate paper? She knows me, ya think lol!!

And this sweet card along with some scrapbooking goodies and that pretty bracelet came from Ros. Isn't this the most beautiful card? I love the soft colors and that wood veneer and roses and butterflies!!
Thanks so much Ros!!!



 
And this card came from Kirsty!! Isn't it adorable!I love the rose with the handwriting behind it and all the pretty papers! Thanks so much Kirsty!
 
 
 
In Juno I went whale watching and witnessed a National Geographic site...Humpback whales bubble feeding!! I cried at this awesome site! here's a video showing what it is:


Look at that whale head by the boat...It looks like it's as big as the boat! I'm glad my boat was a bit bigger. I thought....what if those whales decided to come up under the boat? I would have been a bit nervous if I were in that one!

 
 

 
The few hours I was out there I saw them feed 6 times! I was in heaven!! There was a pod of about 10 whales :-)

 
This is Eagle glacier
The clouds and mountains were so gorgeous!


These little guys were hanging out not far from the whales! I'm still trying to figure out how that one got on top!

 
 
My Ship (Golden Princess)


Seattle as the ship was leaving


One of the pools on board...there was 5 I think

 
The main Piazza

 
Pulling into Ketchican Tuesday Morning
 
 
This was my favorite town :-) I love how the buildings are built on docks!




Entering Tracy Fjords...
 


The water was like a mint green on some places and blue in othesr...they said it was because of the glaciers, I don't know but it was beautiful!


The railing on the left with the blue tinted glass was my balcony and we went right Thur that iceberg...kind of scared me when we got to the point that the icebergs were so thick I didn't know how much further we we going to go and then he turned the boat around in that narrow arm and we went back the way we came...I was relieved lol

 
These icebergs were spectacular! I love how they look blue.

 
 
 

This is Skagway Alaska. Was a quaint town!

 

 
 
I took this bus on a tour of the town and we went to a gold miners cemetery and the tour bus driver was  in period clothing and proceeded to tell us  a story about a guy named "Soapy" a con artist who fought with another guy and they shot each other. They are both buried in the cemetery..One has a huge 8 foot headstone and Soapy was buried at the edge of the cemetery because her swindled a lot of people out of a lot of money....so the other guy got the hero's burial for killing soapy and ...as it turned out he was a con artist too lol!!

 
 

 
And it wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't ended at my favorite B&B in Brookings. I met the most interesting people that were there too. A man who was a sea captian for 30 years from England and his beautiful wife! He was only 1 of about 5 that were lucky enough to have sailed the endeavor!  He told me he was on the ocean all his life and had never seen a site like those whales feeding. I certainly feel blessed to have seen it!

 
 Well, I think that's enough pics for now :-) I took over 1400 pictures and drove about 1500 miles and not sure now far I sailed but it was a trip of a lifetime !! I will share more pictures as I get to them. I hope you enjoyed a small taste of my trip! Hugs, Char

15 comments:

yyam said...

Hope you feel invigorated after your lovely trip! Love the pictures that you shared! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

I am soooo glad you had such an amazing birthday adventure, my friend! What a spectacular spot! I don't think I'll ever get there myself....so I LOVED seeing all your beautiful photos! :)

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Oh wow sweetie, what a spectacular trip this was!!! It is so high on my wish list too. And I'm soooo happy for you that you got the chance to see that beautiful big animals from so close, wow... Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and story with us so we can share a little bit in the fun too.
Gorgeous cards too, yours and the ones you received. Hope my package will arrive safely :) Hugs, Wendy

Sue Lelli said...

AMAZING photos! Looks like the trip of a lifetime!

Ira Huberts said...

Good to have sback Char and to see and read that you've had such a wonderful time away! Gosh, such amazingly beautiful photos... You will certainly remember these moments for many many years to come! Hope you had a lovely birthday, too! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Geri said...

That must have been one beautiful vacation, Char!!! Thanks for sharing! Happy Birthday, and congrats on the card...I loved that one!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Char! Thank You so much for sharing your incredible pictures! I feel like I was right there with you...do share more. I enjoyed reading your impressions as well...

Happy belated Birthday!

Sandy said...

First congratulations on your win. Your card was very nice! I did not know it was your birthday - is that why you went on your cruise. Seems like you said something about that earlier. Now to your gorgeous pictures. Wonderful - I am so happy that you got to do that and obviously your experience with the whales was a life time thrill. Late birthday wishes to you Char.
Sandy

Jinny Newlin said...

Welcome back, young lady! What gorgeous pics! Looks like the trip of a lifetime! And what a welcome home all those precious gifts must've been. TFS!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Char thanks so much for sharing your photos ... I cried just seeing those beautiful creatures ... I adore whales! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and I can't wait to see more shots!

Leigh Penner said...

Great photos! It looks like it was an amazing trip!
Congratulations on winning the challenge-- very well deserved, as your card is gorgeous!

Maria said...

So happy you had a fabulous trip! It brings back wonderful memories when we went there in 2001. You were so lucky to see the whales feeding! Thanks you for sharing all the photos! Take care, hugs!

Linda R said...

Oh my goodness. That had to be a trip of a life time. I keep saying I would love to do that cruise. Maybe one day. I really enjoyed your photos my friend.

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome photos, happy that the birthday girl had a fabulous time!

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

Spectacular pictures...looks like an amazing trip!