Monday Mood Board # 15 WPlus9


 Hi Friends! I finally got this card done Geezzzzzz it was a stretch for me. The colors aren't anything I'd ever do....probably....and the leopard print.....not so much me......but that's what I love about challenges...it stretches us and makes us get out of that comfort zone right?


 I have to confess that the 1st card I make got thrown in the garbage. Then the second one I only used part of ..I was ready to just give up....definitely a great challenge for me lol!!


I started off my embossing some Raspberry Fizz card stock with Chantilly Lace stamps and gold embossing powder. Love the look! Then I took some Kraft card stock and starting painting random black spots. After that dried I took my Distress gold paint and the end of a paintbrush and added gold spots. Let dry . Then I ran the paper thur my big shot to cut the flower shape. The background is a honeycomb embossing folder dry brushed with white.

That's it for today :-) I hope you are having a wonderful day friends! Char

20 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Hi Char! That gold embossed lace on the hot pink is stunning!

MichelleZ said...

This might have been out of your comfort zone, but it's FABULOUS! So chic!

Geri said...

I'm back, Char! I've missed so many gorgeous things from you! This may have been a stretch for you, but, boy...it turned out gorgeous! Your most recent City Crafter card was beautiful, too...as was the card for your friend...and I could go on and on...but I've got so much catching up to do! Hoping to stay caught up now that my busiest part of summer is over. Try to stay cool, my dear!

alexandra s.m. said...

amazing Char!
it's gorgeous, it's trendy and oh so sexy!
Thank You~

Joan Ervin said...

This is really pretty...the hexagon background looks great and I love the flower and doily....sooo elegant!!!

yyam said...

Oh wow. Bold and beautiful. That gold embossing is really eye-catching!

~Tammy~ said...

i would never know this was a challenge for you! Your flower is spot on perfect! Wow!

Sasha said...

Hi Char!
I absolutely love your animal print flower! Like you, it is something I would never think of using, but it does look fab! Gorgeous card! x

Maria said...

Wow! Very trendy and eye catching, Char! Whew, that gold embossing is sooo gorgeous! And, that flower is fab! Take care and Happy 4th!

Benzi said...

Love this, Char! You did super making those leopard prints on the flower. And, the Chantilly lace is yummy. Super creation!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGood gosh, Char! I LOVE this so MUCH! The gold embossed lace is DIVINE and your leopard flower is FAB! Really a Wonderful card!

Ira Huberts said...

This is such a feminine colour and paper combination Char, really love this, that bright pink works really extremely well! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Ros Crawford said...

Now this is unique and adorable!! I LOVE that flower!! Brilliant job my friend!

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Char - different from what I am used to seeing from you - really is gorgeous and your flower is really wonderful. It is raining so much her I am now right sleepy!
sandy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It a Beauty Charlene, I love the gold and hot pink together!

re: my layout out for cooling down
The left side of the layout is patterned paper from Michael's and not stamp!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, this is absolutely beautiful, Char! Really love that gold embossed lace, and your layered blossom is divine!

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

This was an excellent stretch. The gold embossing makes this card so very elegant and the animal print flower is delightful!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, you made that leopard print? This is fabulous, Char! After all those false starts, you ended up with an absolute stunner!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Great card--I especially love your flower!

Chris L.

Dawn said...

I am so glad you didn't give up, this turned out amazing!!! Thanks for joining us!