Festive Friday Good Tidings

Hi Friends! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! I took the girls to Monsters U and it was adorable! We went out to lunch and I took them home. They have always shared a room because they wanted to, but Jasmine will be 7 next month and wants her own space so, Mom and Dad surprised them by splitting them into two separate bedrooms. While Jasime was sooooooo excited, Liberty was less then enthused. Liberty waked around pouting and Jasime was smiling. I felt bad for Liberty but I asked Kim (DIL) how she did last night and she did fine! I didn't have a sister growing up but I can imagine how close they are but are starting to fight so probable a good idea for Jasmine to have her space :-)
 
 
Well I made a dent on one more Christmas card thanks to Festive Friday!  
 
 
I started by putting some distress ink down on a Kraft sheet, spraying it with water and laying the paper on it to make the sky. After that was dry I embossed some snowflakes in the background. The tree is glittered. I die cut the tree and ran it thru my Zyron to add sticky to adhere the glitter....works fantastic! The sentiment is embossed to.

 
 
Have a great week friends!! Hugs, Char

17 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Absolutely gorgeous, my friend! I love the white on white tone with the pop of black. We saw Monster's U, too and loved it. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is soooo beautiful, Char! Love the spritzed background. Makes a fabulous sky. And the embossing and glittered tree are the perfect accents. Love it!
Glad you enjoyed your movie adventure this weekend. I'm looking forward to taking the kids to that movie, too!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE everyting about this card!!

The sentiment in white is awesome and doilies added so chic!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the striped paper and the black silhouette! The snowflakes and white trees are FAB details, Too! Super card, Char!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that sleigh silhouette, Char! Such a festive creation! I shared a room with my little sister growing up, too, at least for a time. She snored like nothing else, so I was SO glad to have my own room ;). Now, what do I do that my husband outranks her BIG TIME in the snore department? Sigh. Just my luck.

Maria said...

Ohhh, just gorgeous Christmas card, Char! Love how you made the background, so soft and pretty! And, wonderful embossing. Darling silhouette, too!

Maria said...

Ohhh, just gorgeous Christmas card, Char! Love how you made the background, so soft and pretty! And, wonderful embossing. Darling silhouette, too!

Geri said...

Oh, Char...what a beauty!!! Love the dab of bright stripes...all the delicate white/pale blue...and the pop of the black silhouette. That tiny red bow is the perfect little accent, too! Just beautiful...so glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday!!!

MichelleZ said...

Two of my favorites here. Love the silhouette. And I adore the airmail stripes. Great card!

Ros Crawford said...

Super card Char ... great tips ... I never think to get my Zyron out

Benzi said...

So pretty...love those silhouettes and great job with the sky.
Sounds as if you're really having fun with the girls. Poor Liberty...but, she'll be o.k. soon, I'm sure.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I can't even tell you how much I LOVE THIS! And I really *really* want to try that background technique - must Pin this! Thank you so much for playing along with us again at FF, this is so gorgeous!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the drama of the black silhouette against the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my word, this is so beautiful! Girl, is there anything at all that you can't do?

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful Christmas card...I have that die but haven't used it yet...thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

Love your first Christmas card...so soft and sparkly. Would love to know about the silhouette...is it a die...or... If a die, who makes it?

~Tammy~ said...

I have made exactly 1 card thus far towards the Christmas stash....sigh. I am just barely keeping up with DT work these days. Especially during the summer.

I love that sleigh silhouette! Such a perfect little holiday greeting!

Sounds like a wonderful day with the girls and some time to adjust to the changes. I can only imagine how Liberty must feel. Poor thing and so sweet!