City Crafter Challenge #162

Hi Friends! It's time again for another challenge at City Crafter!! This week Wendy is or hostess and she has picked the theme:
 
Pride and Prejudice (make a project inspired by Jane Austen's novel Pride&Predjudice)
 
 
I have to say I had an extremely hard time with this challenge. I have never read the novel, but I have always wanted to. I felt like I couldn't do a project inspired by the novel if I haven't read it. I searched the internet and found a Silhouette of Jane Austen and there you have it.......
 

 
This month's GD is : Julie , and here blog is -Here  , be sure to stop by and give her some love :-)
 
And be sure to stop by City Crafter to see what the other wonderful designers have made!!
I hope you can play along this week! Hugs, Char
 

15 comments:

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Sorry sweetie :)
But your project is absolutely wonderful and fits perfectly in the theme. It's gorgeous. Love that you used her silhouette and the books on the shelf, combined with your trade mark: happy colours. Love the sentiment too!
Big hug to you, Wendy

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous take on the challenge Char ... It kinda stumped me too Lol! But all the creations are fabulous and I love the books and the silhouette on your card... Have a lovely day!

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Amazing you decided to use the portrait of the times I think it's so very clever of you! The card turned out great and very trendy too

Kristi said...

very pretty! Love the cameo and beautiful papers!

Jinny Newlin said...

This stumps me, too, but you ROCKED it, Char! I really love all the bright colors with the bold silhouette. So striking!

Lori said...

How pretty - love that black silhouette against all those bright colors!

Lisette Baker said...

Love your take on the challenge, you've given it a lovely modern twist that is so pretty. I've never read the book nor seen any film or tv adaptation either so goodness knows what I'll come up with! I agree with a previous comment - you rocked it!

Mar said...

This is a great card Char! I love the bright colors with the Silhouette !

Sue Lelli said...

I say skip the book and watch the movie! i rather LOVE the one with Keira Knightley! LOVE the silhouette of Jane and the book BG! Great take on the challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great idea to use a vintage silhouette, Char...it fits the theme of the book perfectly!!!! Love the beautiful colors and papers, too!!!

Maria said...

Wow! Just perfect how you have a line of colorful books with perfect sentiments! Love the silhouette, also. So creative...love it!!!

Benzi said...

Aren't you the clever one finding that silhouette? Your card is splendid..love the paper/books.

Linda R said...

Yep, That would have been a tough challenge, But I think your rocked it. I love it..

Hugs~

Sandy said...

What a perfect rendition Char - I do love what you have done with your card and one great silhouette!
sandy

~Tammy~ said...

What an awesome interpretation...Love the silhouette. This is totally fun and terrific!