City Crafter Challenge #161 Burlap Love!

Hi Friends! Before we get to this week's challenge I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to  Kirsty!!! The DT made her a birthday card to celebrate her special day!! We hijacked the blog to post this very happy surprise over at City Crafter . Please stop by and wish Kirsty a Happy Birthday to this wonderful lady!!
 

I am so happy to have met you Kirsty, you are so wondferful and am so happy we are friends!! I hope your day is fabulous Kirsty!!!! Hugs, Char

It's my turn to host this week's challenge, and I have picked one of my very favorite materials to play with.......Burlap!!!

Theme: Burlap Love (use burlap on your project)
 

 
 
I used some Prima (Lyrics) on my card and stamped some checks and the little rose and leafs under the bird are from Papertrey (The Anniversary set) . The rose is Prima.


Our Guest Designer this week is Dora! Please stop by her blog and show her some love :-)
  

And be sure to stop by City Crafter to see what the other wonderful designers have made!!
 
I hope you can play along this week! Hugs, Char


18 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! Your card is gorgeous, Charlene!!!! I love the texture and contrast you achieved with the burlap and the shabby details....beautifully done!!!!

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

Love, love your card, Char! Saw it on Pinterest and had to click over to leave this message. I've been very lax for over two months in my commenting and posting to my own blog as well. Hope all is well with you!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous cards Char! I love the burlap theme...
Your papers are a perfect choice and as always your layering is beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I sooo love burlap and I LOVE your card, Char! So, so gorgeous! And so is your surprise birthday card for Kirsty! LOVE!

Geri said...

Both projects are so, so pretty, Char!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such beautiful creations, Char! LOVE the big, bold blossoms, and that bit of burlap is scrumptious!

Ira Huberts said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Char, your Paris card is truly ooh-la-la, very elegant and stylish and your burlap card so pretty! Don't know why I can't see you in my google reader and/or bloglovin', have added you manually again, hope this will make me see your new posts! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

~Tammy~ said...

I am just a day late on this one huh?!?!?! I love love burlap and I love love your card! It's one of my favorite textures to work with.

Hope you are having a great week! :-))))

Milagros C. Rivera said...

I just adore your piece of linen burlap at the top it is so perfectly placed amongst all that pink! Beautiful cards the 2 of them, Kirsty has to be very happy!

Benzi said...

The birthday card is a beauty as well as your other card. What a great heart die and yummy ribbon on your first card. The stamped checks and Prima are super on the second card....well, both cards are full of creativity. Love the burlap.

alexandra s.m. said...

Fantastic cards Char!
and my heart melts when I see burlap ;-))
Thank You!

Maria said...

Wow! Both cards are gorgeous, Char! Love your style with layering, texture, and choice of colors! Such an inspiration you are! Hope you're having a great week, hugs!

Lori said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! Great challenge using burlap - love your designs!

yyam said...

Oooooh...your cards are just soooooo pretty Charlene. You sure know how to create beautiful textures!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks so much Charlene, what a lovely PARIS card you made, and thanks for being a sweet friend and a great blog buddy, I still have plan to meet you in person someday soon!

Lovely challenge theme, I love burlap, and I love what you do with that!

Tracey said...

Wow.....2 gorgeous cards, love both of them. Lots of pretty papers!!

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Hugs, Wendy

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

Both card are absolutely delightful...love all things Paris and then the burlap and layering is wonderful! So enjoy looking at your blog!