City Crafter challenge # 153 Craftsite

Hi Sweeties!! Welcome to alother challenge at City Crafter! This week we have something different at CCCB!
Anything Goes (sort of)
Let me explain.....

 

At each designer's blog we have each listed ONE ITEM as the required item for this weeks challenge! I used Circle Dies. You will have to hop over to the other DT's blog to check out their required items



 

You will only have to use one required item on your project to be qualified for this week's challenge, but of course, we would love to see more than one!
 
This week Craftsite is our sponsor and Madeleine so graciously sent each designer some goodies to work with!! I was so excited as I received some items that are made in the UK and harder to come by in the U.S. I have always been a fan of dies and embossing folders. They are easy to cut with and are so fun and detailed!!
 

My 1st card is actually made with the fun butterfly embossing folder, the circle die, and the butterfly dies!!

I started off with Kraft card stock, embossed it with butterfly kisses, dry brushed over the top with white paint. Then I brushed gold over the top of that. The butterflies are painted with gold and I added glitter on top and finished off with some diamond gems for the center. I cut two notches on the side and added pieces of the circle doily die and tied with twine. These dies can be used a lot of ways!

 
Here's a close up. Hopefully you can see the detail. It's so shimmery and pretty in person!
 
 
 
Next up are these awesome dies!!!
 
 

These dies are fantastic!!! I love the fact that there are plain circle dies in between the scallop dies so you can layer. If you look at the picture above you will see what I mean. Now for the project below I cut the doily and used the smaller circle die and made a topper for my glassine bag filled with paper and buttons for a cute little gift for a friend.
 

 
 



For this next card I used the large Multi Frame die as a back ground. All the paper I used in the last two projects are from the Dear Lizzy Line "Lucky Charm", and the birthday die is PTI. I love the sweet jars on the patterned paper in this line and there's also an adorable little jar stamp I picked up too.



 
Be sure and stop by all the DT's blogs for the one required item that you choose to use in your challenge project. Remember you only have to use one of the items.
 
 
 
This week's prize is going to be - a surprise box filled with crafting goodies !

I hope you can play along this week! I love seeing your projects!!! And be sure and check out Craftsite for a wonderful supply of unique crafting items!!!
 
Hugs, Char

16 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh wow! What a super fun challenge theme this week, and what gorgeous projects you created, Char! Love the dies you had to work with and love that butterfly embossing folder. The first card with the dry brushing is so, so stunning! The shimmery gold is out of this world. Really love the little side notches with the doily peeking through. Gorgeous gift bag, too. So many layers and details. And your last card is a knock out, as well. Just WOW!

Diane said...

Wow...beautiful projects...couldn't even pick a favorite if I had to!! Love all of them...and what fun products you had to work with...I think you enabled me,,lol!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Love, love, LOVE each of these, Char! The jars are delish, and I adore the vintage appeal and gold-tipped butterflies! So much to inspire!

Mar said...

WOW I LOVE that 1st card and the rest is gorgeous too!!

Ros Crawford said...

Love love love your projects ... the embossed butterfly card is brilliant ... and that sweet little dressed up bag is adorable not to mention that gorgeous card with the PTI die ... Madeleine will be delighted!

Lori said...

All of these cards are wonderful! That butterfly card is to die for!

Ellen said...

Beautifully done creations! Love the butterfly card best! TFS

Lisa said...

As always I adore your projects!!! Beautiful!

Linda R said...

Such cute cute project you created this week. Love what you made with all the goodies you got from Craftsite.

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my.... what a lot of lovely creation you have this week, with those wonderful circle dies, love them all!!!!

Greetings from NYC!

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...Charlene, you are so generous with sharing your projects!
There is enough inspiration to last us a week in this post!

Thank You!!

Linda B said...

What lovely creations, Char. The embossed butterfly card is gorgeous... love it!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

These are all absolutely amazing. I love our layering. That gold shimmer on the first one is gorgeous. :)

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Wow what amazing projects!!! love how the scavengers hunt work this week!!!

Christie said...

SUCH GORGEOUS Projects (I wouldn't expect anything less from you, dear friend).
XOXO

Colleen Dietrich said...

Look at all these neat cards! I like the golden tones of the butterfly one (so elegant!) and the jar cards are really cute. :)