Birthday Wishes

 
Hi and a happy Thursday!! I'm more than halfway thur the week and I'm sooooo glad, it's been a tough week so far! Thank goodness I have crafting to take my care away :-) And what better way to turn a bad day into a good one is to get inky right? And the challenge at Wplus9 called to me as I just received some fun stamps from them yesterday... LOVE them! Here's the mood board for this week:
 
 
 
Here's my take:
 
 

I started off by embossing some flowers randomly on some white card stock. After I embossed all the flowers I added some ink onto a craft sheet and filled in the flowers with a water brush and ink, then I added some soft orange ink to color the background with a sponge. I did the same technique with some bigger flowers to frame the label. The trim is from Melissa Frances and the white border on the bottom is cut with my cameo.  I was having a hard time with the picture taking as it's been extremely windy for the last few days so the pink trim was blowing all around :-)

 
 
I had a lot of fun making this card! Usually I use patterned paper on my cards, with some inking, but this one is totally from scratch :-)
!
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Char



22 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

WoW!! Loving the creation shared today and your take on the challenge!! THANKS for the inspiration and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Mar said...

This is so cute Char! I love the embossing and colors!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

The flowers are so pretty on here!!!

Geri said...

Char, this is just so very pretty!!! My goodness, I love that inspiration, too!! I sure hope your week gets better, my friend!!!

Benzi said...

Ooh, what a pretty background you made and your flowers are so lovely. Gorgeous card!

I'm sorry you've had a rough week..hope it gets better very soon.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

A real stunner! Hope the rest of the week get better for you my friend!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty card! Love the papers and the spring colors and that trim is so fun!

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely ... I love all the inking ... gorgeous flowers and trim ... Hope tomorrow is a better day for you

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, girl! Your handmade patterned paper is stunning! Totally thought it was patterned paper. And LOVE your watercoloring of the flowers. That trim is absolutely fabulous, too! Love it! And so glad you have crafting to help with the stress of it all.....works for me, too! :0

BabyBokChoy said...

Seriously PRETTY PRETTY stuff.

Sue Lelli said...

Just popping in from my vacation to tell you I think your card is GORGEOUS!

Jinny Newlin said...

Eeek! Such a fun technique, girl! Loving this to bits!

Lisa said...

Oooooh! This is TOO cute! By the way, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one spinning in circles trying to catch myself. However, I'm glad to know one of us (that one being you) finally got their tree down! LOL! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa said...

One more thing, I'm not sure why but I follow you by way of Bloglovin' and when I try to comment through the feed, I can't. Not sure if it is a setting on your blog??? I always open another tab and type in your actual URL to comment. Thought you might want to know in case any one else is having the same issue. Then again, we both know I can be a real lame-O...so it might just be me. Ha!

Lori said...

Love the contrast of the strong orange with the patterned paper and fringe - this is wonderful!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous....love the pretty pink trim! The flowers are so pretty!

Maria said...

So very very lovely, Char! Love the background and all the pretty flowers! Take care, hugs!

Sandy said...

So pretty - aren't those colors lovely together!!!
Sandy

Dawn said...

Oh, I love the background pattern you've created, and then you colored it too?!! Just beautiful! Definitely going to give that a try. Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

Tracy said...

WOW! The stamping and inking turned out wonderfully Charlene! Lots of beautiful spring colors with the pops of white to light them up. Hugs!

alexandra s.m. said...

so very pretty indeed Char!
Sorry to hear you had a rough time. I hope everything is better now.