Crate Paper Guest Designer !!

Hi Friends! Today I am the Guest Designer over at Crate Paper !!! If you frequent my blog you know how much I adore Crate Paper... It's no secret! And I have the privledge of being asked to share my creations today! It's such a fun paper company with great colors and the vintage feel that I love!! So, I am excited and blessed to share my creations!!! Thank You Crate!!





                              1st up is a card made with the new "Maggie Holmes" line! I have always loved her style of scrap booking and her photography, so when I saw that she created a line of paper and embellishments I was over the top excited!!  


I started with kraft cardstock and drybrushed white around the edges, added some coral colored American Crafts cardstock behind that to pop the colors on top. I then used some AC dark blue cardstock paper  and punched out the pattern using  Martha Stewart Stained Glass Pattern Punch All Ove the Page . I cut them into squares and drybrused them. I love how they turned out and I'm sure I'll do this technique again! I then added some Wonderful  paper over the kraft paper and did some embossing at the bottom with Wplus9 lace stamps, which are a perfect compliment to Crate Paper! Then used pop dots to secure the squares at the top, and added a doily and the strawberry label..


Next is probably my favorite card I've ever made. When I told my daughter that, she said (really)?? lol , and that told me it wasn't one of her's as she hates butterflies.  I think it's the combination of the bright pink, green, and drybrushed card stock. The embossing folder is from Stampin' Up! It has a really deep emboss and adds alot of demention. Then I added Maggie Holmes Click paper on top of that and then a smaller layer of Elizabeth Kate followed by a ticket and a gorgeous butterfly from this collection! I notched the sides out with a circle punch and added some twine tied in a bow.



This card was ran thru my crimper to get a corrigated effect and again, drybrushed with white acryllic paint. I cut a smaller piece of Maggie Holmes (Elizabeth Kate ) paper and sewed it to the crimped background. I cut out the hearts with my Silhouette and back the hearts with a Maggie Holmes cardstock cut. I then tied some ribbon across the card added some labels and hand cut some felt leaves.





With this card I again embossed the colored cardstock and drybrushed some whte across the embossing. The card is cut with my Silhouette and after I cut the card out with white cardstock I covered the back and sides with paper so I wouldn't get embossing powder on places I didn't want,  and embossed the butterfly with gold, added a handcut banner and and handcut butterfly from Maggie Holmes cardstock cuts.


This card was made with Crate's new Party Day paper and embellishments.I cut out of middle of  Party Day cardstock tags and added some Wish paper behind the tag, then added a sticker under the Rosette I made the Rosette with Cake Batter   paper, cut out a 1"circle and added a brad on top for a handmade embellishment. I added a ticket under the circle.




For this card I used "Click" paper on the top and "Captured " paper on the bottom, then I took various strips of Washi Paper and added them along the left side. I cut off the bottom of a tag , strung some twine thru and stapled it to the top of the card, and hung a camera with a pin thru the hole.


And one more card....a masculine one....I know shock ...at least it looks  masculine to me., is made with Party Day paper.




I made a mini album with Maggie's mini chipboard album. It's 6x9 in size and a fun style! I whipped out the molding paste on this one! Molding paste really gives alot of demention and dries fairly quick. You can add any color of acryllic to it to achive the righht color for your projects! I added some molding paste on some cardboard and mixed some yellow and gold acrylic paint together. Then I put some molding paste on a spatula and covered only the parts of the template I wanted to be seen. I let dry. It kind of reminds me of the sun in the background!



 The bow is cut with my Silhouette and I added a glittered button from Michael's in the center.




I hand cut some butterflies from maggie Holmes Chipboard Cuts and punches some with my 1" circle punch for a sweet little banner. I love this picture of Destiny and Liberty so for this page I chose to keep the embellies simple.





I love these stitched fabric frames! There are fast to use and so cute! They come in different fabrics and are stiched at the bottom with sayings like above.You know me lots of layers on this one lol!


This picture is my all time favorite. I have it as a screensaver on my laptop. It's my son and grandaughters at the ocean. LOVE the sand on their feet!

The top picture is a layer on top of the picture below. I cut the beach sentiment with my Cameo. I love that thing! I also love the gold additions with this line! The bottom is created with a stencil that I placed over the page at the botton and sprayed with Heidi Swapp  turquoise spray.




 this page is very layered and eceltic to me. I added "Captured" paper on the bottom, followed by a fabric frame and topped with a cut from my Cameo. Then I added alot of different layers on the right side. The butterfly is stiched in the cented and I added some sequins. The camera is a cut from the collection as is the sweet bow.



Thanks friends so stopping by Hugs, Char

20 comments:

Jean Martin said...

OH WOW! I think my jaw was open for a few minutes as I took all of this in! Soooo beautiful!!!!!! LOVE your layers!!!!! You have magic layering fingers and hands!!!! :) heehee! SO much talent! Congrats on the the guest design post! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Eeek! I saw it, girl! You rock! These projects are beyond delicious! You sure know how to make Crate Paper shine! Hugs!

Geri said...

Gorgeous, GORGEOUS projects, Char!!! Congrats to you sweetheart!!!

Mar said...

WOW WOW WOW Char I love every single on of these creations!!!! Congrats!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Words cannot describe how absolutely fantastic all your creations are!! You rocked this line of paper, omg, unbelievable. That butterfly against the honeycomb background takes the cake, HOLY buckets! congrats congrats congrats!! WHAT a showing!!!! WOW!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word...what fabulous projects!!! You have used all the papers and embellies sooo beautifully!!! I'll have to go back and take another look...I need to take notes on how you layer all the pretty doilies, papers, and fabulous elements!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

WOW!!! What amazing creations ... I love your cards .. that little camera is so cute!! And your album is beautiful! Many congrats on your GD spot ... they couldn't have picked a better person to show off those goodies ...

Sasha said...

Such a wonderful selection of cards and projects, Charlene. All of them beautifully created x

Sasha said...

Sorry...forgot to say...Congratulations! on your GD spot. So well deserved! x

Audrey Pettit said...

HOLY COW, Char! What an amazing post! First of all, huge congrats on your guest design spot with Crate! You do the MOST fabulous things with their products. Totally jaw-dropping all the gorgeous things you created! Off to brag on you to Crate!

Linda R said...

Absolutely amazing. I don't even know where to start. All I can say is WOW!! Congrats to you my friend. The GDT spot was well deserved.

Hugs~

Kristi said...

Wow!! These are so stunning! I love this paper line and you have created so many wonderful things with it! Thanks for the inspiration! Congrats on your DT spot!

Ira Huberts said...

Goodness me Char! First of all congrats on being GD, so well deserved! Wow, what an amazing set of cards, these are all stunners!! Thanks for your sweet comment, have a great weekend, hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Benzi said...

Wow! This is all so fabulous..cards and albums. How funny that your daughter doesn't love butterflies when most of us can't get enough of them. LOL Great work here! Congrats on being Guest Designer.

Wendy said...

Your cards and mini album are beautiful Charlene, really!! :) And I LOVE butterflies.
Congrats on winning the guest designer spot!
Hugs and happy week, Wendy

Lori said...

Everyone of these creations are amazing! So glad you were chosen as guest designer at Crate Paper!

Emily Keaton said...

These projects are so darling! Congratulations on being guest designer for Crate Paper! Your layering on each project here is just fabulous :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a lot of pretty project Charlene, I saw it over at Crate paper blog earlier on, you go gal!!!!

Christie said...

SERIOUSLY???? YOU AMAZE ME!!!!
I love absolutely EVERYTHING! You ooze talent woman!!!

Sandy said...

Well here you are in all your glory -- this well explains why I fell in love with your work. The colors you use, all the different papers you can put together to make a beautiful card that looks like it dances - not like it's bout to die from over do. You are so talented Char. Your album is wonderful - where or where do you get all the time or are all these fantastic ideas just floating around in your head!!
Sandy