City Crafter Challenge Week #151 Woodgrain

Hi Friends! Happy Tuesday! It's my turn this week to host City Crafter's weekly challenge!! Do you watch the upcoming trends? I have to admit I don't...but am starting to , and one of the big trends out there is wood grain, and boy am I a big fan of it! If I had some extra time I'd make a card using every one of these colors. I hope it's a trend for awhile!

Challenge: Make a card  or project using wood gain



This card is make with Dear Lizzy 5th and frolic...I really love this line.....the colors are so pretty... The wood grain in the background is digital and the grass is cut with my Silhouette. I was at a stampin up' party and this woman was looking for a Martha Stewart  grass punch . She said it was discontinued, and big mouth Char opened her mouth and said, "I have one I don't use" now I know why I'm a scrapbook hoarder because as much as I love my Silhouette, sometimes it's easier to punch something small, and now I don't have one. :-) So, keeping that in mind as I'm again, cleaning my scrapbook room (I never completely finish) I probably will have to rent another place to store scrapbook supplies lol!!



This week's Guest Designer is Wendy  Be sure to stop by her blog and show her some love :-)

And stop by City Crafter to see what the wonderful DT cooked up this week!
 
On another note I went for a drive on Sunday and took a few pictures. I wound up taking a ride out to the fish hatchery and took some side roads and found this cool road called parkview. It had these mansion homes and beautiful countryside. The road was about 10 miles long and had a pioneer cemetery from the 1800's. I didn't stop and look but I took some pictures. 
 
These guys are free range sheep on the way to the fish hatchery. It was weird that they were just alongside the road.
 

 

This (little guy) stopped eating to pose for my picture. He was one huge bull!!
(Good thing he was behind a fence) :-)
 
 
This was part of the raod I drove on...a pretty country road
 
 
 
And these next pics are of a town about 45 minutes called Historic Dunsmuir. I went last November and the trees were gorgeous!  It's such a pretty town, I thought I'd share. You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.  I hope you enjoy!
 


 
  This bike was on the side wall the the bldg below
 
 
 

 
  This is a restaurant and the bldg is from the 1800's. There is an awesome antique store in the middle bldg. The cool part is there's a stream running under the bldg and there's glass in the floor to see it. The saleslady said you can sometimes see fish! There's also iron grides they had rugs over because you could hear the stream and the cold air came up thought the openings and in the summer it's built in air conditioner!

 
In the back of the Antique store this was the original toilet....it was locked so I couldn't see the inside. cool huh?





 
  The police station. I LOVE IT!! Dosen't it remind you of the perfect old town?
 
 
 These statues are in the park. It's one of my favorite places to visit as it has a garden and a beautiful stream running Thur. Picnic tables down by the creek.
 



.
  Dunsmuir is known for the trains and they even have a Railroad train park and you stay in the trains :-)
 


 
This last picture was taken by a friend of mine and I had to share. Isn't it gorgeous? He is a fantastic nature photographer and if you go on Facebook his name is Frank Kratofil. He has some awesome pictures on there. He's a chiropractor in town and photography is a hobby of his.


 
 
I'm always amazed at the beauty of where I live and love living here!
I hope I didn't overwhelm you with pictures lol!
 
I hope you  can play along with the challenge this week! Hugs, Char


16 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful and unique work Charlene, I had fun with the woodgrain too, thanks for the challenge!

Saying hello from San Francisco!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card Char! I love that little house ... beautifully done and I just love looking at your photos ... what a beautiful place that is ...

Wendy said...

Hi Char, your beautiful card just has "Spring has arrived in the countryside!!" all over it, love it! Actually I love your whole blogpost, the beautiful area and old town. The old toilet is way cool!

Hugs and happy Tuesday to you too!
Wendy

Milagros C. Rivera said...

OMGOODNESS!!!! wow what a wonderful post, just love your town and the awesome nooks and cranies of it, I can imagine working in a place where I see a stream underneath, wow!
Love your card and the inspiration this week! hopefully I will be able to give it a go!

Sandy said...

Your card is neat and your pictures are gorgeous - at times I thought you lived in Europe and then I remember - no - Char lives in California!!! I really did enjoy your pictures.
Sandy

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow, Char.....Best. Post. Ever!
I am absolutely in love with your woodgrain project! Holy Cow that is beautiful!
And I want to come visit soooo badly! What a gorgeous country road, and quaint town. I so want to see the stream running underneath the floor boards!!

Terry said...

This does not look anything at all like my town! Gorgeous! Love the woodgrain in your card! So pretty! Enjoy the day!

Stephanie Buice said...

Your work is awesome!!! So glad you found my blog and it led me to yours :)

Stephanie Buice said...

Ok, So I just scrolled down on your blog and saw some amazingness that I've been repinning on Pinterest. SO SO SO glad I found you! Love your work!

Linda R said...

Your card looks amazing. I just love the woodgrain paper in the background. Such a great challenge. THANKS.

I really enjoyed seeing your photos so much. They were wonderful. I would really love to stop by that city someday. Thanks so much for sharing them with us..

Hugs~

Diane said...

Beautiful card love that house....and I loved looking at your pictures...I am jealous, as its so dreary and white here right now, so was fun to see some "pretty"!!

Maria said...

What a lovely card with the pretty house! Looks like a beautiful summery scene! Thank you for sharing all the nature pics...just gorgeous!

Jinny Newlin said...

WOW, Char! Those photos are amazing! TFS! And your card is stunning! LOVE this woodgrain challenge, and you've all done such a beautiful job with it!

June Houck said...

You are rockin' the woodgrain, Charlene! Beautiful card. And I loved all the pictures you shared...I love old towns like that, especially when they are so well-preserved. Thanks for sharing!

BabyBokChoy said...

Your photos are absolutely terrific!!! You have an eye for travel photos or what?!

dipu islam said...



Air conditioning saves lives and is a likely adaptation to global warming.
Unfortunately, it will probably
also fuel global warming, a new study finds.

air conditionin
air conditioner
ac air conditioning
furnace
hvac