City Crafter Challenge #137

Hi! It's time for a new challenge over at City Crafter!!! And this week seemed like a big challenge for me lol! Can you believe I've never made a easel card with all the cards I've made. But, after scanning u-tube I found a great tutorial and had it done in no time, as it turns out they are easy :-)

Theme: Christmas Easel (to create a Christmas themed easel card)


I'm sorry for the bad pictures, I had a hard time catching the right light. It seems this time of year it's hard because when I leave for work it's to dark and when I get home, it's to dark...I need to check into a light box. Anyone use one?



I used Crate paper 's new Chrstmas line "Sleigh Ride" and the delicate frame is cut with my Silhouette. ( I'm am always amazed that it can cut such intricate details! ) I added a piece of Sleigh Ride  Vellum behind the frame and layered a tag on top with Washi tape paper.  The tree is sprayed with Mr. Huey and I added some sparkles on top.






I like the idea of being able to stand the card up for display. I will have to try another one soon. Thanks Linda for the awesome challenge!! I hope you can play along!
Check out the beautiful work from our month long special guest Leanne and the other DT!


have an wonderful week and thank you for stopping by, I always appreciate you !!!

Hugs, Char



15 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's an amazing holiday easel card!!!!

Sweet Fairy said...

Great card. So stunning design. I want to Print VIP cards for my anniversary party, where i can get the best designs.?

Audrey Pettit said...

You know, I've never made an easel card either......:) LOVE yours! What a stunning design! That silhouette cut is just amazing! Love the layers and details on this! Huge wow!

Geri said...

Love this, Char! Love the 'random' look of your embellishments and these bright colors! And that Silhouette frame...so, so pretty!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Wow, that is one layered gorgeous easel card you have made. So many layers of goodness!!! WOOOOOOW!!!!

Ira Huberts said...

What a fab looking card that is Char, such pretty papers, too! Thanks for dropping me a line, so appreciate this. Take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is beautiful. I've never made an easel card either.

Linda R said...

This looks amazing. It turned out wonderful. Love the bright colors you used.

Hugs~

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a pretty, bold, bright Christmas card! I hear your pain about lighting being an issue for photos. That's why I bought a light tent/lamp kit and have never looked back! I show photos and have a link to the items in this post of mine, Char: http://www.colleendietrichdesigns.com/2012/06/graduation-balloon.html

Hope that helps you! I can say I am totally thrilled with the set up.

Maria said...

What a sweet bright easel Christmas card you made here, Char! Lovin' the Crate paper you used with lots of fab layers!!!

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Spectacular card Charlene! love the mix of colors you used on this one!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great card! I love how festive it is, and how the bright colors really pop

LeAnne said...

How fun & festive! I love the colors you've used for this cool easel card! And I think it looks fine, although I can share with you my homemade light box info if you like, just respond. Thanks so much for asking me to be the GD this week!

Gary Rose said...

Light boxes work great! I made one to use with my blog and store. http://everything4scrapbooking.blogspot.com/2012/09/new-stunning-photos-at-our-store.html You can make one for like $10

Deanna said...

Very kewl Char!