City Crafter Challenge # 133


Hi Sweeties!

I am loving this beautiful fall weather were having here. It's been in the 70's and just gorgeous!!! It's suppose to rain this week which isn't good for the grand kids trick or treating. We have the outlet stores which has an overhang for the kids to go from one store to the next, which is much safer. Remember the days when we could fill up those pillowcases and not have to worry about poison candy? Those were the days!! When I would get home I'd dump out the candy and my parents would fill up a bowl and place it next to their recliners to snack on as they watched T.V. in the evenings lol! I grew up in Los Angeles, so we had blocks and blocks to go trick or treating. Our neighbor's would have there houses decorated inside and out and it was a whole evening event. It's so different now. Well, maybe not in small towns, but here it is. Halloween is still my favorite holiday, I just love to decorate and have those sweet kids knock on my door :-) Especially the small one's their soooo cute!!

It's that time again for City Crafter's challenge #133
Theme: 3+1=Cute (must use 3 patterned paper plus 1 solid paper on your project


Our hostess this week is Linda and she picked a pretty picture!

 
The paper I used is 5th and frolic. I just love this line and I'm in the process of making a mini album with it. It's a slow process because I'm slowly jumping into the world of Mixed Media and I was laughing at myself because if you've ever taken one of Christy's classes you see how she just jumps in there and creates and worries about the mess later.  Me?, I have to stop and clean as I go and I don't ever think I'd be able to do that. My tole painting teacher drilled it into my head to NEVER let paint get into the Ferrule and always clean them immediately, so that's what is in  my brain, so it's a slow process to clean as I go lol!

This week GDT is :  Lynnda Hosni  and here's her blog! lybeauartyscrappy

I hope you have some time to play along this week! The winner get s a GT spot at City Crafters!!

Thanks for visiting me! Hugs, Char

7 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I adore that little guy. Adorable!

Annette said...

I remember way back when it was safe to go trick or treating without parents, those were the days! Then they would go through our candy and throw out the popcorn balls, at least we still had the chocolate! LOVE your card, Char, the pink fox is adorable! Hugs, Annette :)

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, this is so Caute!!!!! Totally adorable!

Sandy said...

Sweetie Pie is right! You have put a big smile on my face this afternoon even though it is grey and brrrrrr - cold!
Sandy

Linda R said...

This is so cute. I just love the cute little image you used.

I do remember the good old days when we would go trick or treating in the neighborhood with no worries. And yes we would fill up our pillow cases. :)

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card Char! I love that little foxy face ... Have a lovely Halloween

Audrey Pettit said...

SO very adorable, Char!