City Crafter Challenge #132 Do over

Hi Friends! It's another challenge week at City Crafter!! The challenge is called  "Make Over" and Kirsty is the hostess this week! The idea behind this is to take something that you've already made and re-make it! I think it's a fun idea and I hope you will play along!!

For this challenge I decided to re-make my "Butterfly Kisses card. Instead of a string of butterflies, I decided to make a big butterfly that is the main focal point. I used my Silhouette to make the card background doily.
A very different look to this card. I elimated the yellow that I used in the first card and added a pop of red to match the color on the butterfly. And while I still added a wood background I layered it with brighter colors. Which card to you like better?


I think I like the top one,  I'm liking brighter colors lately :-) Thanks for visiting!! Hugs, Char



13 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I love these both, Char!! The colors on the first one are so pretty and vibrant. And the string of butterflies on the second is beautiful. Gorgeous work, as always!!

Audrey Pettit said...

There is no "better" one, Char, as they are both FABULOUS! Wow, so love that intricate butterfly against the intricate doily! You are uh-mazing!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh what a wonderful idea! I love both cards but your REDO is amazing!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous creation! I love them both!

Saying hi from Japan!

Heather Jensen said...

Both are so sweet! I love butterflies so they are both perfect! :)

Geri said...

Well, you know I liked your first one...and this one...it's really totally different, but just as gorgeous! That butterfly is just beautiful! LOVE it!

Ros Crawford said...

I love both of these ... I love butterflies and your designs ... Have a great day!

~Tammy~ said...

Both are gorgeous! I {heart} them both! Your work is amazing!

Linda R said...

Both of your cards are amazing. I really do love all the detail you add to your cards. Love them both.

Hugs~

Lisette Baker said...

Both cards are fab, so detailed, just love them.

Annette said...

I love them both Char! Love the doily card shape on the first one and the butterfly banner on the second one is adorable!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fabulous work!!!

Sandy said...

I like the top one too - such a gorgeous butterfly. so many of my friends have these fancy dancy machines. I need to learn how to make good cards first!!
Sandy