Oh Happy Day!

Hi Friends!!

Well it's day three at the coast and time is flying so fast :-( I will be back to show some pictures soon. I woke up yesterday to thousands of birds on the beach...pelicans, seagulls, etc...Larry said they are after the anchovies that came in yesterday. I was sad to see they were gone today, I love pelicans and really enjoyed them! They weather has been in the 60's and I've been actually cold lol! I went to the scrapbook store here in town yesterday and they told me there having a scrapbook garage sale this morning, so off I went :-) I scored on some Tim Holtz Alterations for $1.50...yes, that right $1.50!! And some MME stamps for 1.00. I had a blast!




This card had alot of layers. The butterfly is cut with the Silhouette, I dry brushed it with ivory paint and sanded after, the paper below is Crate "Pretty Party" as well as the trim. I decided to try something different and added eyelets to the top and some twine. I brought my scrap booking stuff but haven't touched it. Sometimes it's good to take a break and refresh! I will have to say I miss ti and can't stay away to long...three days is long for me lol!


I hope you had a wonderful 4th!!

Hugs, Char

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Really creative Char - I do like it. It looks substantial and I like the feel it seems to have. Now wile you are busy going to the coast and having fun with the birds and finding great buys; I have been busy breaking my left hip and having surgery, Moaning and groaning and taking gobs of drugs. Every day gets a little better thank the good Lord because I am starting to bore myself!!
Sandy

Mar said...

What a beautiful card Char!! LOVE the butterfly and the eyelets so creative!! Enjoy vacation! Mar

Heidi Van Laar said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty!!!!
And ya, we should definitely do another swap! : )

Deanna said...

Very kewl Char!

Annette said...

Beautiful card Char! Love it!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time on your vacation! I would love to have 60 degree weather here in NC, it was 100 degrees yesterday - I'm ready for Fall! Hugs, Annette :)

Christie Bryant said...

LOVE the card Char! Glad to hear you're having fun!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Char, your beach vacay sounds absolutely amazing but my gosh that butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exquisite!

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful...grew up on the coast...so miss the ocean and morning fog...LOL! Love your card...butterfly with ivory antiquing: very pretty. Really like the layers and eyelet idea...clever. Have more fun at the beach!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card, Char!

And...oooh...60 degrees...I'm envious, as we're nearing 100 today and expect to be nearing 104 tomorrow! LOL

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a cool and beautiful card, Char! I love that sanded butterfly and love the tie top closure. This is gorgeous!
So glad to hear that your trip was wonderful. I'm sure it was nice to be cold for a change!