A Crate Chart

Hi Girls

Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend?

For the month of May Crate assigned a project to make a chart of any type. My first thought was to do a Chore Chart for my granddaughter, but then the question became, how? Luckily, during a recent visit to my favorite scrapbook store, it's owner kindly donated to me this adorable tray. Turns out, it's a $1.00 purchase at the ol' Dollar Tree! In hearing of this, I was excited greatly. After bringing it home, I painted the nickel plated tray (yes, it was a shiny nickel color - would you have guessed?) an ivory hue. As for creating the chart, I covered the inner part of the tray with Crate Paper patterned paper. I then applied a flat sheet of self-adhesive magnet on top the patterned paper. From there, with the help of Microsoft Publisher, I designed the chart, printed it on pattern paper and trimmed it accordingly so that it would fit as shown. The magnets are the sum of punched circles w/supportive backing {cork or chipboard} and small sized magnets {Feel free to cover them with dimensional adhesive or glass cabochons}. The birds nest is made from simple trim rolled into a circle. Super easy! And there you have it, a fun, interactive personalized chart for the kiddo's!

Click on the picture to make them bigger :-)



Well Girls, the weather went from 100 to 70 and raining today! What's with this crazy weather? I'm not complaining though....I love the cooler weather! And I was so completely touched this weekend going to the caregiver retreat. It was so incrediable to hear the stories of people who take care of their loved ones and I'm telling you it truly touched my heart!

Have a great week girls! Hugs, Char

7 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a fabulous chore chart, Char! With a chart like this, I don't think I'd mind having to do my chores! :) Such a great idea to add a sheet of magnet to the metal tray. And SO love that little bird nest!

BabyBokChoy said...

I must echo Audrey's sentiment that with a chore chart like that, I might just do a chore or two! Gorgeous!

Mar said...

What a wonderful chart Char! I love the colors and the birds nest is very creative!

Sandy said...

Oh you clever grandma you -- where did you get these magnetic sheets? You know those plastic trays that come with meats - I wonder if I could do the same. Oh Char, you are not only pretty but clever too!
Sandy

Deanna said...

Totally awesome! Love it!

Christie Bryant said...

This turned out AMAZING!!! Have you given it to her yet? Did she love it?

Carlene (aka Chatterbox) said...

What a wonderful chart...my kiddos might also have done more chores just to be able to visit the chart! I remember the days of raising 4 children and trying to make charts...that was way before my papercrafting days!