Hi! I hope you're having a wonderful week? I'm sorry I've been a bad blogger lately. I've been so busy!! You know the feeling right? :-)

I'm using up some old paper October Afternon paper that I dearly love and don't want to depart with :-) The  boat template it from thecuttingcafe . They have some really fun card templates!

Remember last weekend I was going to a Birthday Party for the kids with serious illnesses? It was so heartwarming and I wanted to share a video that the paper did. You can see it Matt Farley Reverse Birthday Party.

I'll be gone this weekend for some much needed R&R. So I will leave you with this funny that I found by Nicole Humphrey

 Scrapbook Funnies: The Scrapbooker's 12 Step Program


 Rearrange all your scrapbook supplies in your area so that there is no room to put anymore stuff in without having to buy new organization. (This dosen't seem to stop me) !

Always wear clothes with pockets when leaving home in case you should end up at a local scrapbook store or other craft store - this is so that you'll always have a place to keep your hands at all times - this ensures that you will not handle the pretty papers and play with all the fun tools. Might want to keep a washcloth in there too, to wipe up any drool that accumulates from your wishful thinking.

Never, ever, ever, obey the request of a sales lady to "Feel free to try out the different scrapbook tools!" Crops can be bad too. That's where some of my greatest, UNUSED tools stemmed from!

Never make eye contact with a sales lady. Never look directly at the papers.

Always take your spouse or a friend with you if you can't resist going to a local scrapbook store or craft outlet, they can remind you that you don't need anymore supplies!!

Never pick up or subscribe to a scrapbook trade magazine. This can be hazardous to your health, and the health of your family. They may look innocent, but the magazines are full of the newest supplies and they WILL call out to you! Before you know it, you will have all those products sitting there collecting dust! (hmmmm like my bind it all) Never have used it!

Do not look at all your supplies before leaving the house as they will remind you that you don't have the latest and greatest trendy stuff!

Don't dress poorly in hopes that store owners won't trust your check or credit card, Scrapbooker's are typically honest people and it won't work! Many of us just don't dress that great every time we leave the house because we are mothers, wives and busy all the time! This is not a good method!

Do not rely on prayer alone to help as, God loves memories too. After all, He is the creator of many!

Promise yourself that you will look at every patterned paper before buying any. This may slow you down a bit. And make the decision a little harder!

Never, ever touch a computer and especially not one that connects to the Internet! There are all kinds of scrapbooking websites and online stores in there just waiting for you.

If all fails, run home immediately, and create a layout using what you already have!


Happy National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday!!

10 comments:

Annette said...

LOVE your card Char!!! OMG it is absolutely adorable!!! Your story was so cute, thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful trip! Hugs, Annette

Deanna said...

Cuteness!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is adorable, and I love the funnies!!! Thanks for sharing!

Mar said...

What a wonderful card Char! WOW!!!I hope you have a wonderful weekend!Mar

Lisa Dorsey said...

What a great party Char! Thanks for sharing that! Love, love, love your adorable card! The scrapbooking tips made me LOL. I will have to remember these! :)

Enjoy you R&R!

Sandy said...

I hope you have a good R&R Char - I did watch the video. It makes one really think. Your card is so cute. I should post the 12 step program - just not today!!LOL
Sandy

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, I absolutely ADORE your little sailboat card! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I would so be setting this out for 4th of July decor! And thanks for sharing those fun tips. Totally made me laugh!

Sam said...

Your sailboat card brought a big smile to my face and I can't wait to make one of my own in my room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom.

BabyBokChoy said...

OMG, i love love LOVE that sailboat, way way way too clever Char!!! so cute!!

Christie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is adorable!!!