Hello! I'm so happy to be here today, posting my 1st tutorial for Crate paper! I was so excited to put my hands on the new collections. The papers are really incredible,  and it's so easy to work with them!! I thought a frame would be a great tutorial. They are really inexpensive and make a wonderful addition for all your loved one's photo's, and my friends and family love them because they are handmade and personalized.  I don't know if you're like me, but I have frames all over my house, I am definitely a frame collector!


Let's get started !

Here's the supplies you need ( Oh, and a nail file) I didn't photograph. The frame is from Michael's, the cost? $1.49. You can pick up Gesso at any Craft store. More on Gesso at the end of my tutorial.


Pour out some Gesso, about the size of three quarters .


Then add your choice of color paint. I used Americana Warm White, which I bought at Michael's. You can just as easily add any color . The proportion I use is 2 parts Gesso and one part paint

 .
using a little spatula or something similar, Mix the two together, making sure to mix completely.


Start painting the frame. Back from my old days of Tole Painting, I learned that you always paint towards the edges first. That way you have a clean edge and it doesn't leave ridges in your paint or puddle up. I painted two even coats. The reason you use Gesso it because it's a sealant, and the nice thing about that is you can do 2 steps in 1!.


After the frame is painted , trace along your chosen paper inside the frame and outside the frame with a pencil and use a light touch so you can erase the lines. Cut out the paper and adhere to frame with a good wet glue.


I don't put alot on, just enough to get a nice coverage, making sure you get the edges good. Make sure you really press down so you don't get any bubbles.


Then I take a file and sand the edges. I like a nice clean edge. Remember to sand towards the edge of the paper.


Next figure out how you want to decorate the frame. I chose Pretty Party border stickers, card stock  stickers,  and the paper is "Invitation" for the top and "Planner", and "Confetti" for the bottom



Go ahead and add your paper to the button, and don't forget to sand the edges again


Next,  I choose to "Fussy Cut" some roses out of this gorgeous paper called Invitation. I really love the colors of this line!




I decided the frame  needed a banner, as they are a great addition to any project. See the little windows in the banner? I cut them with a Spellbinders Postage die. Then I added some paper behind the windows. 


more Fussy cutting, and a doily behind the flower.



And there you have it! Easy and super simple!!

7 comments:

Christie said...

Fantastic tutorial! Love it Char!!!

Annette said...

This is so adorable Char!!! Love the fussy cut flowers and all the details! Your little grandaughter is such a cutie pie!! Hugs!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!

Mar said...

Awesome tutorial Char! I Love the frame and the adorable picture! Mar

Sandy said...

Wonderful tutorial!! What!!!!! That's your granddaughter - I don't believe it -- no way!!!!! You are way too young!! Must have been a child bride. Love your creations!!
sandy

Sandy said...

I was so busy thinking about the beautiful baby in your frame I really forgot to tell you what a gorgeous job you did with this frame. I love it!!
sandy

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so gorgeous, Char!!