The Shabby Tea Rooom #51

Hi Friends!
This week's challenge over at The shabby Tea Room is "Make a card using red, black, white or cream". I bought this paper when I went to a crop a few weekends back and thought it was perfect! It's the new 7 gypsies "Lille" it's beautiful paper.:-) Won't you come join in the fun?


I was thinking that the title should read "Life is good BE happy". And then I thought, no, I want it to be the word "thankful" because sometimes we forget the things we are thankful for because we get so busy and let the sad things overwhelm us. That is my word this year and I'm trying to re-program my brain to not dwell on the sad things and think about all the things I'm thankful for ..... My Kids, grand kids, my friends, my job.etc... Won't you share the things that you are thankful for?

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love this card so much! The colors are striking!!
I am thankful for my healthy kids, and hard working husband!!!(:
Hugs

Kate said...

Amazing Card! The papers are gorgeous! I love your color combination.

Deanna said...

Beautiful!

mar said...

I really love this one! The colors, and all the detail...

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous! Love this! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Debbie said...

Girlie ... this card is amazing! I adore all the shabby elements you've added to your design this week - the seam binding, the ticket, the creative stamping - WOW! So happy you could join us, Char, in the Tea Room :)

cbuswell said...

Love this card, the text is great! thanks for playing along this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Charlene! Love all the layers and the color combo! All the shabby details look fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Char! Totally right up my shabby chic little alley! Love those papers and love your design. The touches of lace and the way you did your sentiment are out of this world! Love this!
And good for you for thinking of the positive. We all have much to be thankful for, even with everything life throws at us. Every day, I thank my lucky stars for my two kiddos. :)

Christie said...

This card is GORGEOUS! There are so many things to be thankful for...I could write a novel! I love concentrating on blessings - what a great attitude to have!

Christie said...

This card is GORGEOUS! There are so many things to be thankful for...I could write a novel! I love concentrating on blessings - what a great attitude to have!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Another gorgeous card, Char. No matter what style you do, you can do them all. I'm thankful for my dear BF and girls, family and health.

Nicole said...

Pretty! Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)