Good Morning!

Recipe for a Happy New Year


Author: Unknown

take twelve whole months, clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate, and jealousy. Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.


Now cut each month in to twenty-eight, thirty, thirty-one different parts, but don't make up the whole batch at once. Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients.


Mix well into each day one part of faith, one part of patience, one part of courage, and one part of work.


Add to each day one part of hope, faithfulness, generosity, and kindness. Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation, and one good deed. Season the whole with a dash of good spirits, a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play, and a cupful of good humor.


Pour all of this into a vessel of love. Cook thoroughly over radiant joy, garnish with a smile, and serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheerfulness.


Your final results may vary depending on your attitude.



Have a Happy New Year!



Well I started out with my attitude being that this year will be awesome!! Can't be any worse than last year, right? Well I spent all weekend in bed sick on New Years . But I won't be sayin... is this a sign of what's to come? NO NO NO I won't say that, instead I'll say..I'm just getting it all out of my system to start fresh!!

I did manage to make this card with more of Noel Mignon's "Very Virginia kit". The "love" is Hambly rub-ons.

Have a wonderful week!! Hugs, Char

9 comments:

Mar said...

What a cool sentinment and beautiful card Char!

Heidi said...

LOL Char-OMG it has to be that last bug from last year that got you-right? Glad it's gone! Love ya-heidi (cute card)

Suzanne said...

Love the sentiment too! Your card is over the top beautiful!
Happy New Year!!!

Annette said...

So beautiful and shabby, I love it!! Hope your feeling better sweet friend! Wishing you a wonderful 2011, I have a feeling it's going to be a great year for you! Hugs, Annette

Christie said...

Happy New Year! Sorry to hear you were sick...but I think you're right - just getting out all the yuck from last year - ready to start strong and happy this year!

Love your card!

xoxo

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Char! Love the Vintage look and the beautiful heart! Happy New Year!

Deanna said...

Great recipe ;)
Love the card!

Pearl said...

What a beauty of a card !

Here's wishing you all that you wish for in the new year ahead of us , Char !;) health, heart, hopes, dreams , love ! ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, Char! I love the colors and papers and the fun scallops and seam binding. Adorable rub-on sentiment, too.
I admire you for your great attitude towards the New Year. Even though I went through Christmas and New Year's sick myself, I'm going to keep the same happy attitude as you! :)