Moxie Fab Challenge

Not Your Square Granny Squares Challenge


When I started this card I was going to make it in the challenge colors...more autumn..there are the yellows and the turquoises, reds etc...but I kept with the design and these were my Mother's colors...and this card is  all about celebrating her!

Hi Friends!

Hope your weeks going great! I am watching the girls tonight and couldn't be more excited!!

I made this card with my Mom in mind. She's gone now.  It was 4 years in August,  but she use to have a quilt on the bed in her spare bedroom that I just loved. It brought warmth and love. My Mom also belonged to a quilting club and those ladies (most of them in their late 70's and into their 80's would take turns at each other's houses and they would have this big frame up and all sit around it and hand quilt. I loved watching them! Mind you hand sewing isn't my thing (unless it's on a card :-)) but I appreciated their art and they even made me one that I will cherish forever and hand down to my daughter.


If you want to play along you have until October 3rd heres the link Challenge


Thanks for visiting me! Your comments and friendship are so wonderful and always bring a smile to my face! Hugs, Char

16 comments:

Regan said...

holy heck...this is outta control gorgeous!

hugs!

Mar said...

Wonderful memories and a beautiful card !!! Mar

Jocelyn said...

Such a beautiful card and heart warming memory!!!!

Enjoy those girls....woohoo!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!

Belinda said...

Oh so cool! Love the hexagon shapes!

JustYolie said...

Wonderful card!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute! Love the patchwork!

Deanna said...

Holy smokes... brilliant and gorgeous!

Sylvia said...

Hi Char, seems like there were several people who found the same things as inspiration! Lovely card!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Char! What a gorgeous card! I love, love your take on the quilt pattern. The colors and papers are just fab. I so love your story of your mother's quilting club. I really love old quilts and everything they symbolize. Saw quite a few beautiful ones out antiquing this past weekend. :)
This is, by far, one of my most fave of your projects, evah! Gorgeous work,my friend.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Such a great project! Thanks for sharing! Also, just a note to say that Papercraft Star will be holding a DT call soon and right now you can sign up to win a $25.00 gift certificate too! We'd love for you to join for our challenges! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Christie said...

Oh! This card is FABULOUS! I'm so stunned! Gorgeous!

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Van Laar said...

Oh my, this HAS to be a winner!! Gorgeous!

(-: Heidi

wendyp said...

Wow! This is fantastic!!!

Cath said...

Hey Char! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi! I found your blog through Audrey's. This card is so great! OMG - so much detail and love. I really like it. LOVE your pictures of the Sundial Bridge in pink...been over that bridge a few times myself! Greetings from Sac-town. Have a great day.