2sketches4you Laura's sketch #52

How's your weekend? Mine was great! I'm at home today crafting and I will go back up to the hospital this evening. Just didn't want to neglect my little blog to much! I wanted to share this card I made today with the inside of this frame http://www.magisticalmemories.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Jan13 from Magistical Memories. I 1st embossed it and took some ivory paint and a brayer and rolled over the top of it. I love the look!. Next, I used Papertrey http://www.papertreyink.com/stamps_backgroundbasics_woodgrain.html , and with my last order I was super happy to receive their limited edition stamp set for free!!! That's the best part!! It containes the wonderful frame that the bird is in and other circle images to go in it!
See there website for details. I used my "The Girl's Paperie paper (Surprise lol)!!! And the sentiment is also Papertrey. Here's my take on Laura's sketch.

My daughter and I took the girl's on a much needed drive yesterday to Shingletown. It's about a half hour away and visited 2 lakes. Lake Grace and Lake Nora. I didn't realize just how much I needed it until I was up there. I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital . Tasha didn't get to go on her trip. :-( Not sure what the plan is and you're prayers are so much appreciated!)

This is the stream that goes into the lake. I love it here!





Destiny (The girls call her Nee Nee) and the girls on the bridge at Lake Nora



Liberty finding pinecones for her parents




And Jasmine with Cheese on her face, but still adorable!




Thanks for visiting me and I always love hearing from you...it makes my day! :-)
Hugs, Char

16 comments:

Deanna said...

Stunning card and great pics!

Tarynne said...

Shingletown... do you live in Nothern California??

We were just talking about Shingletown yesterday! How funny.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Hi my dear friend!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all the lovely comments you left to me today!!!
You card is wow amazing!!
How are you???? enjoying spring???
About your question,no it wasn`t Yoyo`s b-day,it`s on October 26th,but he`s always so funny and he says he`s so cool,the best of the world and lots of funny things...

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just adore the card!!! The pics are wonderful...what beautiful girls!!!! Looks like a great time was had!!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week sweet friend!!!

Annette said...

Beautiful card Char, I love it! Glad to see you are finding a little time for yourself with everything you are going through. I hope Tasha gets a few days off soon, she continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. Your grandaughters are just the cutest ever, love the photos! Hugs, Annette

Elisa K said...

Love your card and your photos are wonderful...

Savitri said...

Very pretty card! Everything fit so so well together!!

Craftylicious said...

Stunning Card..love the colours! :)

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

dannisdoodles said...

absolutely GORGEOUS card, looooove!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card! Cute kids.

Virginia L. said...

Love this fabulous design! Lovely details and buttons! Your girls are so sweet, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, Char!! Love that row of buttons, love the doily......love it all!
thanks for sharing your lovely photos, too. Nature does have a way of rejuvenating, doesn't it?

Heidi Van Laar said...

Goooorgeous! Love this!! Adorable pics too!

(-: Heidi

Cheryl Nelson said...

Very pretty card! Adorable pics!

Danielle said...

I love your card. Love, love!!
Hugs,
Danielle